Gentoo new builds Pennywell area

Status
Not open for further replies.

High crime nearby, bad school nearby.

I wouldn't live there.

According to the schoolguide website and the government website, Christ’s College is the top 2 performing schools in Sunderland. Albeit their last couple of Ofsted reports left a lot to be desired.

So they have a bad school and a good school in the area. Not sure on crime rates but it will be similar to Grindon, farra and the likes

Aye I get that. I know somebody who bought a new build on a big estate (that isn't finished). 2 years later he wants to sell but can't, people are buying the newer build ones with help to buy... so he basically has to reduce his by quite a bit or people will just buy a new build on the same estate.

Crazy imo
I’m in a 2 and a half year old new build estate and the last 3 houses that have gone up for sale have sold within a fortnight.

Difference in area maybe? Our sales office still have about 10 plots for sale as well.

Both kids attend/left and it's very good, I live in Pennywell and there is no high crime. Fuck all to do with each to their own, it's everything to do with you not having a f***ing clue and going on an estate that had a reputation decades ago.

Couldn't agree more, even decades ago it wasn't any worse than any other estate just had a worse reputation.

Both kids attend/left and it's very good, I live in Pennywell and there is no high crime. Fuck all to do with each to their own, it's everything to do with you not having a f***ing clue and going on an estate that had a reputation decades ago.

Ok mate. It's just not for me. I'm glad you're happy there.

Last edited:
It's blocked off from the estate. Only way in and out is the dual carriageway.

Both bullshit.

High crime 😂😂
50% rentals as well, so if you buy, you tolerate the possibility of watching your lovely new area turn to shite and strewn with discarded mattresses within a year.
cut through from where ? i think the estate is totally seperate from the new KFC etc
Check out the image on Gentoo's website of the layout. There are numerous ways in from all areas. Looks like small cuts on left and right will allow walkway access through the housing estate.

Last edited:
50% rentals as well, so if you buy, you tolerate the possibility of watching your lovely new area turn to shite and strewn with discarded mattresses within a year.

Check out the image on Gentoo's website of the layout. There are numerous ways in from all areas. Looks like small cuts on left and right will allow walkway access through the housing estate.
:lol::lol:

People must be nuts to pay that much and potentially have as social tenant next door.

Come on Andrew, social tenant, a lot of us on this board were brought up in a council house, it isn't stigmatic, just normal people 🙂

Call me a snob, but if I was dropping £250k on a house, I wouldn't want potential layabouts next door.
On reflection you would have to be careful about the “property investor type” who will rent to undesirables.

Could help if they had a strong residents association 🤷‍♀️
Doesn't happen at that end of the market. Yields aren't high enough and those who can afford to pay market rent will be the working sort.

I heard (from on here probably) that Gentoo are shit hot on problem tenants so any noisy neighbours people not looking after their gardens etc will soon be turfed out
Its Pennywell Karen, scratter boxes need to be ticked before being allowed in. Crime rate must stay high in order to keep up the violent reputation.
Call me a snob, but if I was dropping £250k on a house, I wouldn't want potential layabouts next door.

Doesn't happen at that end of the market. Yields aren't high enough and those who can afford to pay market rent will be the working sort.
Far from being a snob mate, i just dont like the area being called what it isnt.

Last edited:
I heard (from on here probably) that Gentoo are shit hot on problem tenants so any noisy neighbours people not looking after their gardens etc will soon be turfed out
They are like, one misdemeanor and there out.
On reflection you would have to be careful about the “property investor type” who will rent to undesirables.
I would have thought there would be covenants to control that sort of thing.
Call me a snob, but if I was dropping £250k on a house, I wouldn't want potential layabouts next door
I would be amazed if there wasn't something to stop that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back