Geekiest hobby you partake in

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've got to ask...how did you get into it and what's the point in having a load of old gear in the loft? What you going to do with it?

I guess it was a combination of three of my interests rolled into one. Radio, electronics, music. The loft is my workshop and the gear is either on display (the broadcast quality gear) or easily accessible if I need to get to it. Some of it does actually get used when I do filming at dog shows.

Long term, I don’t know what’ll happen to it. The broadcast quality gear and rare stuff (Sennheiser, Micron, Sony, Audio Engineering, EDC etc. will be kept. The rest, no idea! The profit you can make repairing then selling this gear is pretty impressive so I might get into that.

Eventually I plan to start a YouTube electronics channel, so they might get put through their paces and given teardowns. That kind of thing is surprisingly popular!

I guess it was a combination of three of my interests rolled into one. Radio, electronics, music. The loft is my workshop and the gear is either on display (the broadcast quality gear) or easily accessible if I need to get to it. Some of it does actually get used when I do filming at dog shows.

Long term, I don’t know what’ll happen to it. The broadcast quality gear and rare stuff (Sennheiser, Micron, Sony, Audio Engineering, EDC etc. will be kept. The rest, no idea! The profit you can make repairing then selling this gear is pretty impressive so I might get into that.

Eventually I plan to start a YouTube electronics channel, so they might get put through their paces and given teardowns. That kind of thing is surprisingly popular!
Fair enough mate! It's not just pointless hoarding then. I imagine if you're into that kind of us it's very interesting.
If it was me, I'd be maximising the profits from selling stuff on.

Restoring an old-ish Japanese car.

Treating rust basically.
What kind of car you talking? Seen a 3000 GT on a couple of TV shows and wouldn't mind getting stuck into one of them.

Mind, I know next to nowt and I've got nowhere to keep a car for any length of time. I'm waiting on a space I can basically store something to mess about with.

What kind of car you talking? Seen a 3000 GT on a couple of TV shows and wouldn't mind getting stuck into one of them.

Mind, I know next to nowt and I've got nowhere to keep a car for any length of time. I'm waiting on a space I can basically store something to mess about with.

Integra Type R (DC2)

I'm scared to take the rear interior out and look at the arches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back