Gareth Thomas rugby player hiv positive

Status
Not open for further replies.

I thought we were passed ‘coming out’ my brother came out 15/20 year ago and to me the gay thing isn’t a issue. He got blackmailed because he is thought of as rich. He as let someone else make his mind up about going public with his illness which in fairness anyone should be entitled not to have divulge if it suits them so. But it was the same as him coming out, he waited till he retired Iirc. Does that mean there was homophobics in his squad or team? 1000s of gays come out everyday without a problem, all this attention just adds to a problem that doesn’t exist. Imo.
Being HIV+ exists all over but it should be up to each person wether they want to share it. I don’t think there is any stigma surrounding it. It’s been around a long time we know how people catch it.

I think mental health is the biggest issue here and how it is affecting him.
Good luck too him in this awful time.

It's sad to see in this day an age like. I couldn't care less if a sportsman is gay or not, I know gay people myself and sad to see how they are not accepted because sport is seen to masculine for them, rubbish. I hope Gareth recovers and stays strong, nobody should have to go through this along with blackmail, horrible human beings we live amongst.

Or ever had a blood transfusion, or unprotected sex with anyone.
So you haven't checked the statistics from the site I mentioned then, and are instead going off the 'information' that was bandied about when AIDS first reared it's head that was distributed with the sole intention of making people at virtually zero risk care about a plague that is essentially sef-inflicted? The fact you mentioned blood transfusions puts your info way back in the 1980's.

I don’t think it will have been for out malicious, his posts weren’t too bad. They are still there.
It’s probably for his own good that the mods give him 24hrs off or summit. He’s been getting flak from all over.

Cannot see anything out of order, strange one.

It's sad to see in this day an age like. I couldn't care less if a sportsman is gay or not, I know gay people myself and sad to see how they are not accepted because sport is seen to masculine for them, rubbish. I hope Gareth recovers and stays strong, nobody should have to go through this along with blackmail, horrible human beings we live amongst.

Indeed, but its not like blackmail is a new thing, its been going on for years, hopefully now its in the media, those who did not feel confidence about going to see a doctor, or other medical professionals will.

You can disagree with what the OP said, some will agree.

However the levels of hypocrisy on this thread are outrageous, we have posters who think it's fine to slag off Dawn Thewlis trying to take the moral high ground. We even have our resident mag (who has been proven to make derogatory remarks about a female poster) praising someone for standing up against cyber bullying.

I don't know much about the OP but there was clearly people looking for arguments, mis quoting him, taking his words and coming with their own interpretation of what he meant and clearly goading him.

Shambles of a thread and some need to look at themselves

christ, massive shout this thread! not reading 13 pages but was never going to end well like, criticising a bloke for revealing he has HIV! unless I have missed someit?

been back a bit marra, won't be on the footy stuff though, seems like its kicked off tonight by the looks of it.

Well not really it began on this thread, if you go threw it, and then the OP was banned that's all i know, but the subject matter is inflammatory maybe, who can say but it is what it is.

I don't think this is about him being gay that shouldn't even be a thing anymore as for the HIV thing hes decided to tell the world he has it. Shouldn't even be on the news ..... Millions of people are living with it and the medication available these days squashes the disease that much that a carrier cant even pass it on anymore ...... So next news story please and let Gareth live his life

Watching the program from last night. Emotional stuff.

But I guess no-one has ever told him it is rude to talk with your mouth full of food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back