Garden Fires

Got an incinerator few weeks ago. First one went ok. Burnt some wood flooring and stuff on 2nd one. Flames still coming out the top about 4 hours later and was still red hot 24 hours later.
Im finding bush trimmings difficult. Fire always seems to go out. Not dry enough?

Got a fire pit that I love in the summer and like @wigwams (apart from the cigar) I'm out till midnight, couple bottles of beer, watch the sunset, the bats, the stars.

I'm a fan of late-night barbecue. One night midsummer last year I put about ten lamb chops on our small patio BBQ without trimming the fat off them. The smoke was ridiculous and to make matters worse there was hardly any breeze to take it away. All the houses within a fifty yard radius were steeped in thick greasy lamb smoke at about 10.30 pm.

Thankfully nobody complained but that's the last time I'll be BBQing fatty lamb chops! They tasted magnificent BTW.

No so much a traditional garden fire but up on Marley Pots Playing fields we occasionally incinerate an old Ford Fiesta or two. Naturally we always release the drivers when the Fire Brigade turns up.

Remember being 17/18 coming home from work and seeing the entire area in thick smoke, get in the house and my dads sat in a cowboy hat with a bottle of whiskey and a petrol can, with the shed ablaze behind him.

Great story bro

No so much a traditional garden fire but up on Marley Pots Playing fields we occasionally incinerate an old Ford Fiesta or two. Naturally we always release the drivers when the Fire Brigade turns up.

Reminds me of growing up in Belfast in the 80s. Without all the bigotry and murder, obviously

Great, aren’t they?

Sat here burning a load of garden rubbish and a few bills that would have normally been shredded. Got a big stick to give it a prod with. Something very primal about it.

Anyone else enjoy a garden fire?

I periodically have a small fire to burn old bills as you do. I wouldn't call it enjoyment though. Though sometimes have a barbie on the patio, we've never had a late one. Sounds like something i might try when the weather warms up.

Back