Gannin Out Trainers?

A Teenstone

Central Defender
As a follow on from the worst trainers thread....
I'm 54. Like Punk and Skinhead music but..
Wear Sambas on nights out like a lot of the lads my age and older.
I wear Doc shoes, loafers and occasional Oxfords but as far as trainers go, what's my alternative?
I await your encouraging observations.

Wouldn't entertain a place that imposed those rules these days. You can guarantee such places sell shite beer
:lol: I thought such places would sell fine ale, not shite?

Wearing Nike and ADDIDAS trainers as a young teen for break dancing, us early Hip Hop lot, helped to change society's attitude of trainers and sportswear being only for sports and not for fashion. ;) All of the trainer fanatics, have us to thank for. :cool:
We'll not take responsibility for Shell Suits, that was the Chavers and the keep fit lot.

I was over the Moon, when you were allowed to get into pubs with trainers on. Going back to my roots practicality and fashion. :cool:

I remember when you could not get into pubs and clubs in the town, if you were wearing trainers or had a shaven head.

I was a master at polishing my shoes before a night out. :cool:
We had a lot to answer for in the 70s but we must have had the shiniest Docs , Loafers , Oxfords , Royals , Brogues in history.

My 12 hole Jungle Docs ( Tuscan Red) we’re a sight to behold - and not one bit of red polish on the yellow stitching. Used to apply polish on the back of a warm spoon .

Standards , standards…………..

As a follow on from the worst trainers thread....
I'm 54. Like Punk and Skinhead music but..
Wear Sambas on nights out like a lot of the lads my age and older.
I wear Doc shoes, loafers and occasional Oxfords but as far as trainers go, what's my alternative?
I await your encouraging observations.
Nike Blazer Low used to be canny but have gone a bit weird now, but maybe you’ll find something.

Etnies Lo Cut II are a classic style. Again, the colourways are a bit dull right now, but still.

There’s always Converse. They do the job.

Back