Gammon-Watch: Jamesons , Sunderland - Thu 6th Dec

Here we go. Joseph's will be gutted at the trade they're missing out on.

Wetherspoons will be RAMMED full of Brexit voting morons throwing lager down their necks and worshipping this f***ing tramp.

He's a real-life Al Murray. The tragedy is, just like Alf Garnett, so many don't recognise the obvious fact the The Pub Landlord is a pastiche. A piss take.

But this is real life. Very scary.

JD Wetherspoon founder coming to Sunderland pub for chat about Brexit
So you think he is a tramp rather than a fella who knows how to build a good business from scratch? Not everybody's cup of tea are Spoons obviously but you know exactly what you are going to get and vfm for sure. On my travels I like them when first in a new place because I know I will have a choice of National and local beers. Even some clever Uni students use them anarl so not just full of scratters:lol:;)

So you think he is a tramp rather than a fella who knows how to build a good business from scratch? Not everybody's cup of tea are Spoons obviously but you know exactly what you are going to get and vfm for sure. On my travels I like them when first in a new place because I know I will have a choice of National and local beers. Even some clever Uni students use them anarl so not just full of scratters:lol:;)
not value for all the independent brewers that they consistently rip off

Wetherspoons will be RAMMED full of Brexit voting morons throwing lager down their necks and worshipping this f***ing tramp.

He's a real-life Al Murray. The tragedy is, just like Alf Garnett, so many don't recognise the obvious fact the The Pub Landlord is a pastiche. A piss take.

Corbyn will be there I imagine? Hates the EU the thicko.

I believe his Brexit stance has been motivated by the fact that as a businessman, he knows his target market quite well. With such pubs appealing largely to working class, older men, he recognized advocating Brexit openly would help his business appeal, ironically.

I believe his Brexit stance has been motivated by the fact that as a businessman, he knows his target market quite well. With such pubs appealing largely to working class, older men, he recognized advocating Brexit openly would help his business appeal, ironically.
Are you suggesting that some people have used brexit as an advantage? Whilst not believing it?

That’s an absolutely dreadful thing to say!

not value for all the independent brewers that they consistently rip off
A sensible one would sell their surplus to them and look to move some round the country through them to raise their profile? Sure you must have some examples when posted above but plenty local breweries have supplied them for years quite happily it seems. I would always buy DM and other local casks in there and they were certainly moved on quickly enough to suggest they were keen to supply them?

Wonder if he opens questions to the floor whether he can espouse how good it’ll be for Nissan not to have free unfettered access to the EU. I suspect not.

A sensible one would sell their surplus to them and look to move some round the country through them to raise their profile? Sure you must have some examples when posted above but plenty local breweries have supplied them for years quite happily it seems. I would always buy DM and other local casks in there and they were certainly moved on quickly enough to suggest they were keen to supply them?
they wont stock beers unless they get huge discounts on the price. larger brewers can afford to tell them to f off. smaller ones cant. its not a case of wanting to supply them but they have to just to keep going, but for very little profit.

Back