Gaming monitors

Joe Public

Striker
Am after a decent gaming monitor for the bairn for Xmas, a curved one, does anyone know owt about they sort of stuff? I haven’t a clue, found a few which looked decent then read the reviews and they get slated. Budget under £300, has to be curved and decent size.

Am after a decent gaming monitor for the bairn for Xmas, a curved one, does anyone know owt about they sort of stuff? I haven’t a clue, found a few which looked decent then read the reviews and they get slated. Budget under £300, has to be curved and decent size.

This is a pretty good one, Asus are always really reliable.

Last edited:

Use code ‘GROUPON8’ at checkout to knock another 10% off

This is probably the best I can see in this price range that’s in stock

if you have any work place discounts they can work out quite good, I got a Samsung 49" odyssey one with about £450 knocked off.

Like most PC components they are subjective, You will get people who slate more budget orientated ones because they arent as good as their ultrawide studio quality level beast they paid £4000 for

I have the Dell one linked above and paid way more than that a few months ago, its well worth £230

Doubt you will get anything better than that around that price.

Good think about the Dells ones is they come with quite decent stands, I also bought a second Samsung monitor recently that was more expensive and had more features but the stand was rubbish and could barely be altered.

Last edited:
Like most PC components they are subjective, You will get people who slate more budget orientated ones because they arent as good as their ultrawide studio quality level beast they paid £4000 for

I have the Dell one linked above and paid way more than that a few months ago, its well worth £230

Good think about the Dells ones is they come with quite decent stands, I also bought a second Samsung monitor recently that was more expensive and had more features but the stand was rubbish and could barely be altered.
I was going to say the same think. Hard core gamers might sneer at anything around this price point because they paid a grand for something a bit better

Depends on his PC set-up. The screen won't just load at 120fps (for example) and stay there, it needs the power to do it (graphics card)

Depends on his PC set-up. The screen won't just load at 120fps (for example) and stay there, it needs the power to do it (graphics card)
He’s just on Xbox at the minute, but has made noises about wanting a gaming pc. He will have to wait a while for that!

He’s too young for all the high end stuff, not getting in to that yet. The sell one looks a good buy and the groupon code takes it down to 212, just doesn’t come with internal speakers so will sort something else out for them.

Cheers all for the responses, appreciated.
I was going to say the same think. Hard core gamers might sneer at anything around this price point because they paid a grand for something a bit better
Spot on cheers!

Last edited:
I've got 32" curved monitor made by Titan, bought on taboa in China. 150 quid

I’ve been thinking about getting a 37inch curved monitor after we got them at work and they’re absolutely gorgeous. They have Phillips ones and a Google told me they’re £500 a pop so I’ve been looking for cheaper.

Not specifically for gaming but 37inches is a lovely size (fnar) monitor.

My gigabyte M32UC is enjoyable.

I bought one of these for £250 used earlier in the year after watching a lot of reviews. Some of the makes like Dell or Samsung have dodgy stands which break or are wobbly , an important consideration with such a hefty weight.

This is what I referred to with the dodgy stands. The release button breaks and cannot be repaired.

Also note the Gigabyte is 144hz versus the Dell a mere 60hz.

Last edited:
I bought one of these for £250 used earlier in the year after watching a lot of reviews. Some of the makes like Dell or Samsung have dodgy stands which break or are wobbly , an important consideration with such a hefty weight.

This is what I referred to with the dodgy stands. The release button breaks and cannot be repaired.

Consoles don't support ultrawide displays

The dell one is 165hz

At that price you'd have to compromise. You won't get a 34", curved ,4k and HDR monitor with a high refresh rate for that price so you'd have to sacrifice one or more of those features. All depends what's more important really graphics or smoothness.
Went for the dell one, gonna need to get some separate speakers now tho!
We got some cheap ones from B&Ms £20 and plugs straight into the monitor headphone socket does the bairn for games he doesn't want to use his headphones for

Last edited:
Went for the dell one, gonna need to get some separate speakers now tho!

Cracking speakers here

Back