Game of Thrones Season 7 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep, I full expect Arya to be saved by that pack of Wolves during some kind of fight with someone. Otherwise that scene was as pointless as the Ed Sheeran one.
The wolves will rock up in the same way was the eagles did in Tolkien's The Battle of Five Armies. They obviously love that trick in Westeros - Tywin & Loras at The Blackwater; Stannis at The Wall; The Knights of The Vale at Winterfell.

Aren't Tyrian and Sansa still technically married?

Not consummated, so I think technically not

Hoping Bronn can save the Bad Pussy lass like

That what now?

The show runners have explained the "that's not you" comment.

I thought that was quite clever, but as it needed explaining, I think they may have overshot a little bit. A couple of seconds of young Arya saying "That's not me" flashback would have solved it

Can't be arsed reading through to see if anyone's said the same already, but I'd find it funny if Arya makes it to Castle Black and Sansa isn't happy to see her. After all these years looking for her family.

I think there is going to be something like that going on. Both Bran and Arya are finally heading back to Winterfel, where Jon Snow has established himself as a strong and respected leader, but Jon will have left by then and they will find Sansa running the show. Sansa finally has a position of power, almost 'Queen of the North', which Baylish approves of as he knows he can manipulate her. Having a strong fighting little sister (who she never got on with) and Bran (the true Lord Of Winterfel) return, will only weaken Sansa's position and ultimately Baylish's plans.

The ships: Euron had his own fleet of ships already, including his flag ship. He didn't just return to the Iron Islands in a rowing boat. These are sea fairing islanders with a great tradition for battles at sea. Yara only took the best ships and those loyal to her willing to run.

I'm not convinced Arya is still heading to Winterfell. I think she may have changed her mind when she saw Nymeria.
Aye, that's crossed my mind anarl. "That's not you." It's also 'not her' to just wrap it in and go home.

That said, the Vanity Fair thing did seem to suggest there'd be a reunion.

Probably the most cringe worthy line ever muttered in Westeros since Catelyn Stark accepted Brienne's oath.

I think there is going to be something like that going on. Both Bran and Arya are finally heading back to Winterfel, where Jon Snow has established himself as a strong and respected leader, but Jon will have left by then and they will find Sansa running the show. Sansa finally has a position of power, almost 'Queen of the North', which Baylish approves of as he knows he can manipulate her. Having a strong fighting little sister (who she never got on with) and Bran (the true Lord Of Winterfel) return, will only weaken Sansa's position and ultimately Baylish's plans.

The ships: Euron had his own fleet of ships already, including his flag ship. He didn't just return to the Iron Islands in a rowing boat. These are sea fairing islanders with a great tradition for battles at sea. Yara only took the best ships and those loyal to her willing to run.

Jon'll be back at Winterfell by episode 4 man. He needs to get back North of the Wall by episode 7.

Bran will definitely be home soon anarl to start playing with the Weirwood Tree in The Godswood at Winterfell.

And I don't believe even Petyr Baelish thinks he can still manipulate Sansa. That's why he tried it on with Jon in the crypt.

Last edited:
Reactions: PTR
And I don't believe even Petyr Baelish thinks he can still manipulate Sansa. That's why he tried it on with Jon in the crypt.

He thinks he can manipulate everyone and eventually get goal of being king. If Sansa is getting stronger willed it just takes more time and persuasion but she is now more powerful.

If you think about the major developments in the plot, it all started with Jon Arryn's death, which he orchestrated. After an attempted assassination of Bran, Cat went running south to see Ned, helped by Baelish and there was also a link of him to the dagger. The death of Joffery, the Tyrells joining forces with the Lannisters and the Bolton's rise, all had his hand in there. The only area he has not been playing a part in is the rise of Danarys, which is one reason why he was trying to keep Jon from leaving to meet her. He was trying to make him feel he needed to be at Winterfell to protect Sansa.

Is it just me or has the dialogue been really poor so far this series? I've found loads of scenes really jarring and there's been none of the witty one liners from the likes of Tyrion or Old Lady Tyrell that were pretty prevalent in all the other series. I don't know if it's that they're trying to move things along so quickly that large chunks of dialogue are just there as a plot device to explain to the audience what's happening.

Is it just me or has the dialogue been really poor so far this series? I've found loads of scenes really jarring and there's been none of the witty one liners from the likes of Tyrion or Old Lady Tyrell that were pretty prevalent in all the other series. I don't know if it's that they're trying to move things along so quickly that large chunks of dialogue are just there as a plot device to explain to the audience what's happening.
Tyrion is rattled about something imo. He certainly doesn't seem his usually cocky self.

Fewer episodes probably require snappier dialogue

Tbf the hound managed to call Thoros a cernt. As long as he gets a few of them in, he's on form.

And mentions chicken. That's always a winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back