Game - no more trade ins

jedi_toaster

Striker
From 16th Feb.

Get any games you don’t want traded in boys and girls as they’re stopping it all.

Always found CEX paid better anyway, but what do I know?

CEX do pay better like but they are really funny on what they think the condition of your items are. Game have always been woeful for trade in prices.

CEX do pay better like but they are really funny on what they think the condition of your items are. Game have always been woeful for trade in prices.
Game were always good for matching or bettering CEX though. They used to have a guarantee that they’d match other places for trade in, so you could play them off against CEX. I used to take store credit as it was always a better offer than cash, and then just build up points to use against a new console when they were released.

Game were always good for matching or bettering CEX though. They used to have a guarantee that they’d match other places for trade in, so you could play them off against CEX. I used to take store credit as it was always a better offer than cash, and then just build up points to use against a new console when they were released.
I honestly didnt know they price matched but I haven’t traded in a game for years. I’ve taken a bit tech to CEX but no games. Mainly digital now cos I’m a lazy bastard and cba to change discs.

Last edited:
Bit of a shame for us cos the local Game was walking distance (upstairs in a Sports Direct) so was always handy for a quick pop in and pick up something pre-owned (especially for the kids), rather than having to go into town and endure the aroma of stale BO and despair in CEX

Think Game will be gone before long, a shell of it's glory days 20 years ago. It was booming with the likes of Gamestation and Grainger Games, Electronics Boutique just before that ;)

Back