Game controllers

League Wan

Midfield
Anyone else go through loads? Is there any that actually last? My son has had about 8 in about 8 years, all have knackered buttons or sticks. His latest Xbox elite one has lasted 3 months and when I tried to return it to Argos I've been told I need to ring Microsoft. Surely these things should be guaranteed for millions of presses

Anyone else go through loads? Is there any that actually last? My son has had about 8 in about 8 years, all have knackered buttons or sticks. His latest Xbox elite one has lasted 3 months and when I tried to return it to Argos I've been told I need to ring Microsoft. Surely these things should be guaranteed for millions of presses
If you bought it from Argos I wouldnt have thought they can tell you to go to Microsoft, your contract of sale is with them, if they want to then chase it up with Microsoft so be it but they have sold you a product not fit for purpose.

If you bought it from Argos I wouldnt have thought they can tell you to go to Microsoft, your contract of sale is with them, if they want to then chase it up with Microsoft so be it but they have sold you a product not fit for purpose.
Aye that's what they said, it came up when they tried to process the return. I've had to fill in a form online to get a replacement direct from Microsoft. Pain in the arse as the chat couldn't recognise the serial number

My youngest goes through a few - not because of rage quitting tantrums but just because dyspraxia makes her heavier handed than the norm and she can't really help it.

First six months, it is the retailer's responsibility to repair/refund/replace.

have you tried hall effect , love mine

£50 on amazon , there's no way i'd have a normal stick now .

Hall Effect joysticks are a type of joysticks that use magnets and electrical conductors to measure their position, distance, and movement when in use. Unlike standard analog sticks, which use electrical resistance to detect movement, Hall Effect joysticks have no physical contact between the moving parts. This means that they do not wear out easily, and they do not develop stick drift, which is a common pain point for gamers.
In addition to a longer lifespan, Hall Effect sticks are more responsive and accurate. If you’ve ever suffered from deadzone when playing on a controller (Resident Evil 4, I’m looking at you), you may not know that this is because deadzone is built into standard analog sticks on controllers to account for the inevitable stick drift that will occur after long use. There isn’t really a requirement for this on a Hall Effect stick controller, so the dead zone is minimal.

Until now, there hasn't been an Xbox controller with Hall Effect sticks, only triggers. The Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 and the GameSir G7 both have Hall Effect triggers, which offer more precision and durability for the triggers specifically. But only the GameSir G7 has Hall Effect sticks.

Try out the fastest Hall Effect Xbox Controller on the planet.1000Hz and 500Hz polling rate for GameSir G7/ G7 SE are available now.Please finish reading this article which includes tutorial and some essential tips before enabling 500Hz and 1000Hz.

i not faffed on with it yet as no audio

the xbox has 500 &1000

playstation controllers can be overclocked to 1000hz polling rate, meanwhile ALL official xbox controllers are hard capped at around 125hz polling rate. all we want is a controller that does NOT have a capped polling rate. please.

Last edited:
Got the replacement back from ms ,plain packaging the cheeky gits, I sent in the original complete box. This is obviously a refurb what they've sent. Was hoping for a refund so he could just buy a normal one

Back