Future Tours Programme

Only in Florida in the USA innit?

I might be up for India if they play in Chandigarh. Would be able to tie it in with a train ride up to the British Raj summer capital Shimla.
Probably Delhi and the Taj and the forts and palaces of Rajasthan for me. Bit touristy but there you go!

Only in Florida in the USA innit?

I might be up for India if they play in Chandigarh. Would be able to tie it in with a train ride up to the British Raj summer capital Shimla.
Chandigarh is different to any other Indian City. It's a new town, an Indian version of Milton Keynes or Peterlee.
Chilly in winter, could be 12 degrees with fog stopping play until lunch. Just over three hours by train from Delhi
Indians make day trips for ODIs from Delhi.
If there is a test there, hopefully it will be the fourth or fifth test and not the first one.
It has a truly bizarre and unmissable attraction in the Rock Garden. Also a rose garden.
The advantage of being in the Punjab/Haryana is there's a few roadside Taverns scattered about, full of Sikhs
who like a drink and the beer is cheap due to low taxes.

They have sold beer in the ground in the past. Which is unheard of in India.
Most England fans give it a miss and go to other venues if they're not doing all the tests. Nagpur is the worst by all accounts.
Am also considering going next year.
Probably Delhi and the Taj and the forts and palaces of Rajasthan for me. Bit touristy but there you go!
Great NP at Ranthambhore in Rajasthan. Good chance of seeing tigers. In winter, they reckon one chance in three safaris. So go three times. Also sloth bear, leopards, crocs, carocol, striped hyena etc. Loads of deer. It's a well run and relatively cheap NP, you can book one seat ( of six) in a jeep instead of having to pay the exorbitant fee of booking a a whole jeep for yourself, as is the case in some of India's NPs.

Last edited:
Chandigarh is different to any other Indian City. It's a new town, an Indian version of Milton Keynes or Peterlee.
Chilly in winter, could be 12 degrees with fog stopping play until lunch. Just over three hours by train from Delhi
Indians make day trips for ODIs from Delhi.
If there is a test there, hopefully it will be the fourth or fifth test and not the first one.
It has a truly bizarre and unmissable attraction in the Rock Garden. Also a rose garden.
The advantage of being in the Punjab/Haryana is there's a few roadside Taverns scattered about, full of Sikhs
who like a drink and the beer is cheap due to low taxes.

They have sold beer in the ground in the past. Which is unheard of in India.
Most England fans give it a miss and go to other venues if they're not doing all the tests. Nagpur is the worst by all accounts.
Am also considering going next year.

Great NP at Ranthambhore in Rajasthan. Good chance of seeing tigers. In winter, they reckon one chance in three safaris. So go three times. Also sloth bear, leopards, crocs, carocol, striped hyena etc. Loads of deer. It's a well run and relatively cheap NP, you can book one seat ( of six) in a jeep instead of having to pay the exorbitant fee of booking a a whole jeep for yourself, as is the case in some of India's NPs.
Cheers mate sounds amazing! Did a safari while in SA and would say it was the best thing I've ever done. Hopefully we'll get a Test in Delhi or Jaipur.

According to that and other reports, India is 5 Tests in January/ February 2024. The last time for 5 tests in 2016, it started on 9 November, ending 20 December. A total of 42 days.
A guess could be 1st Test as starting on say 10th January after a warm up game and Day 5 of 5th Test being 20th of February. Something like that. Possibly.

Back