Fulham's new stand

We are going to a football match not a Swimming pool.
Ffs Imagine the bloke sitting next to you in Flippers and a snorkel. Football at the high end has become a tourist event, history and tradition replaced by Corporate bollocks.

Why bother Swimming past a turd when you can go to Stamford Bridge and be amongst a few thousand.
Maybe the swimming pool will be used for other commercial functions on non-match days.

You got any decent ability to think outside the box?

Maybe the swimming pool will be used for other commercial functions on non-match days.

You got any decent ability to think outside the box?
You can't see the pitch from the pool anyway by the looks of it.
A main feature of the development was to open the riverside walk up so that you could walk along the river from Fulham to Hammersmith without having to divert around the ground. This part will be open to the public at all times, and I think there will be bars and retail sited in the stand which can be accessed too. Not sure if any of the other features mentioned will be accessible on non match days.

Fulham has always been a great away day, and their core support are good solid working class people.

Mate worked on it.
It’s in preperation for the owner moving Fulham to Wembley if the NFL gives the nod. It’s prime prime building land and the residents will be ower the moon with flats going up instead of a football ground.

Mate worked on it.
It’s in preperation for the owner moving Fulham to Wembley if the NFL gives the nod. It’s prime prime building land and the residents will be ower the moon with flats going up instead of a football ground.
That was always Fayed's plan (building residential) in the beginning when he took them over, he talked about a ground share, but the idea got fucked off and he then got more involved in looking after them. The council blocked the redevelopment at the time, there may be some sort of covenant in place which stopped it, but in the end everything has a price.

Just re-invent the EFL to take in the worst 10 teams in the Prem and have an affordable model similar to European matchday prices. Then the EFL will end up with the best “product”. Leave the big teams and mercenary players to the tourists. Their real supporters will hate it.

Just re-invent the EFL to take in the worst 10 teams in the Prem and have an affordable model similar to European matchday prices. Then the EFL will end up with the best “product”. Leave the big teams and mercenary players to the tourists. Their real supporters will hate it.
The European super league needs to come into existence as soon as possible. It will shatter the Premier League, and at that point the EFL should step back in and set something up and running with club sustainability being a key factor in it. What is happening now just can't continue for the good of the game. The Premier league is poison and I wont shed a tear to see its demise.

Looks shite. I'd be gutted if we were catering for that kind of carry on here whilst blocking access for everyday supporters. Which they will be.
Yep, it’s shit like this that turns me off football (SAFC aside) these days and especially the Premier League. It’s just all a bit sickening what it’s becoming in that division.

Such is football now, even for the big teams it’s just as important to maximise the income outside of match days. Whether it be hotels, conference centres, entertainment zones, holding gigs, sponsored stadiums, multiple sponsorships for other aspects of the club, the massive ranges of merchandise, everyone is trying to create more money, especially with ffp becoming stricter in the future.
All this then ties into what the club can put onto the pitch and since infrastructure isn’t part of ffp, it’s a way the wealthier owners can boost the club income without much pain
Arsenal kicked it off when they built the etihad, spurs have taken it to the next level now and they make something silly like 5m match day alone, once you add in concerts American football, and all the rest the numbers will be very substantial. It’s probably the only way the lesser clubs to arsenal, manu, and city and Liverpool will be able to compete on any kind of level going forward now the ffp noose is getting tighter

Got a swimming pool in one of the hospitality areas. Doubt we could do that at the riverview brassiere, everyone would get hyperthermia.

This really is the way modern football is going though, pricing out fans,the hole stand is basically hospitality. The regular seats are over 120 quid per game and you get a free snack and a pint.

Can we fix the bogs please Kyril?
I wonder if he bought our club in London if he would have same attitude to the stadium or if that attitude is somehow relative to how he sees us as fans.
Clearly we are not the same type of fan as Fulham are appealing to there, but we all live in houses where everything works, we all get judged for the way we do our jobs.
Just a little respect please would go a long way…. The sort of respect Bob Murray always had for the fan base and people
Why the fuck would you need a swimming pool when going to the match?

They have a river ffs, albeit I suppose the sewerage spillages are a bit off putting for London folk.
It looks class until you think why would I go to a game to sit in a lounge bar barely watching said game? I’ve never enjoyed hospitality anywhere I’ve been for football

I could have used it at home most of my life and never have. At away games it’s a pretty useful mind

Last edited:
The majority of football supporters are in thrall to the Premier League. They know nothing else. There has always been inequality in football. The Team of all the Talents benefitted from a disproportionate amount of players from across the border and as football progressed through the twentieth century, the clubs located in highly industrialised areas had the advantage of wealthy, factory owning benefactors on their doorstep.
Football had always mainly been a sport watched by the working class. Even as late as the nineteen eighties, Sunderland's admission prices were similar to that of Arsenal and Manchester United. After a series of tragedies, such as Hillsborough and Bradford the authorities stepped in and with the help of SKY the game was transformed into something that appealed to a more wealthy and different type of person. Now, the one time eminent clubs in the one time industrial heartlands of the country are being left behind.
Fulham are merely a major beneficiary of this new order. They are now trendy and no longer a music hall joke having to rely on Johnny Haynes and Tommy Trinder to stay afloat.
Perhaps sadly our time has come and gone.

The European super league needs to come into existence as soon as possible. It will shatter the Premier League, and at that point the EFL should step back in and set something up and running with club sustainability being a key factor in it. What is happening now just can't continue for the good of the game. The Premier league is poison and I wont shed a tear to see its demise.
Exactly. A Super League would be a great chance to establish a football league with supporters being seen as supporters rather than just customers.

I’ve no ESL objections mesel as long as there’s promotion and relegation into it.

Such is football now, even for the big teams it’s just as important to maximise the income outside of match days. Whether it be hotels, conference centres, entertainment zones, holding gigs, sponsored stadiums, multiple sponsorships for other aspects of the club, the massive ranges of merchandise, everyone is trying to create more money, especially with ffp becoming stricter in the future.
All this then ties into what the club can put onto the pitch and since infrastructure isn’t part of ffp, it’s a way the wealthier owners can boost the club income without much pain
Arsenal kicked it off when they built the etihad, spurs have taken it to the next level now and they make something silly like 5m match day alone, once you add in concerts American football, and all the rest the numbers will be very substantial. It’s probably the only way the lesser clubs to arsenal, manu, and city and Liverpool will be able to compete on any kind of level going forward now the ffp noose is getting tighter
yes indeed...and its not just ffp...owners were never here to pur money into the pit every year-they want profits,,..
and TV money income probably cant rise by much more (they dress it upmwell but UK tv deal hastnt really gone up for years) so next thing is stadium-get people to spend longer there on matchdays...get people to go when no matches are on

Looks shite. I'd be gutted if we were catering for that kind of carry on here whilst blocking access for everyday supporters. Which they will be.
Fulham has always been a tourist/visitor attraction though, mainly cos it was the only London club where you could just turn up and see a game, so it's still catering for outsiders . But if that's how they generate funds, well done to them. Our stadium gets used for a few days out of the year, we should make more use of it as a money spinner. It could make a huge difference.

Fulham has always been a tourist/visitor attraction though, mainly cos it was the only London club where you could just turn up and see a game, so it's still catering for outsiders . But if that's how they generate funds, well done to them. Our stadium gets used for a few days out of the year, we should make more use of it as a money spinner. It could make a huge difference.
apaparently we cant cos the public transport links are shit or something..I read it on here..

A whole stand is now out of reach for normal match going supporters. So yeah, well done to them.

Back