FTECB in the sh!t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobell did a great piece this week about Graves, highlighted loads of things him and the ECB were doing that weren't standard practice

A very good article - a despot in charge who has been corrupted by the power he wields. Seems the pitchforks and torch brigade are starting to get restless though .......

to say the FTECB is corrupt is the biggest understatement I've heard.
If any County voted against the T20 vision (the 1st stage of their "8 Super Counties") then they would receive none of the finances from it. Which was £1.3M in Durham's case.
This was surely corruption at the highest level.

to say the FTECB is corrupt is the biggest understatement I've heard.
If any County voted against the T20 vision (the 1st stage of their "8 Super Counties") then they would receive none of the finances from it. Which was £1.3M in Durham's case.
This was surely corruption at the highest level.
The money Durham got from the ECB was a loan.

The County Council wrote off their part of the debt in exchange for worthless shares.

At least that's my understanding.

The ECB has too much power and are a complete law unto themselves. They are the cricketing equivalent of FIFA.

The county's are scared shitless of holding them to account.
True but thanks to Dobell who has brought the bully boy tactics into the public domain they might just have had their bluff called.
Legside lizzie has also reported it in the Times but Atherton who as chief cricket correspondent should be speaking out is too far up FTECB rses to do so.
Graves under pressure as counties win emergency meeting

True but thanks to Dobell who has brought the bully boy tactics into the public domain they might just have had their bluff called.
Legside lizzie has also reported it in the Times but Atherton who as chief cricket correspondent should be speaking out is too far up FTECB rses to do so.

Dobell is an absolute star - consistently banging the drum on truth and transparency. Always remembers the mistreatment of us. If anyone is going to be responsible for ridding cricket of corruption - it's him.

Dobell is an absolute star - consistently banging the drum on truth and transparency. Always remembers the mistreatment of us. If anyone is going to be responsible for ridding cricket of corruption - it's him.

He is a really good journalist

I always think he shouldn't be wasting his life in county cricket, should be like an investigator for the Sunday Times undercover corruption at the highest level or something

Bery interesting that this letter to ecb mentions durhams very poor treatment. Hope graves gets everything coming to him.

Its took long enough for any of them to speak out publicly
Plenty of cricket fans across the country did at the time; don’t recall any county chairmen

Petrified of retribution against their county weren't they? Didn't want themselves to be black listed.

I can only hope Beefy will have the stones in future to call the bastards out for what they are and challenge what is right for Durham and the other 17 counties - but when Graves is running about like the bastard son of Margaret Thatcher and Mao Zedung, pulling the strings of FTECB like he's Adolf Assad you can't blame counties for fearing for their lives if they speak out against his injustices.

More sh*t.

Glamorgan have admitted to receiving £2.5 million from the England & Wales Cricket Board in return for not bidding for Test cricket between 2020-2024.
Glamorgan revealed the payment in their annual accounts released two weeks after an ECB board member resigned over compensation paid to counties for not hosting Test matches.

FTECB. After what they did to Durham ........

That will help clear off their debt. I await the inevitable points deduction.

Can we please call this T20 franchise nonsense off and arrange a new deal with SKY and the BBC where the latter gets 16 proper T20 games on a weekend before/after the former's game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back