From the Bairn -Foggy

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is Becky, foggy's daughter.

I'm so sorry to tell you all that my Dad passed away last Monday on October 12th.

I don't think I need to tell you how amazing he was. Despite suffering two strokes at the end of September and being left only able to speak a few words at a time, he was still cracking jokes right to the end. We managed to bring him home from the hospital, to be cared for where he was comfortable and where we were able to visit him. He passed there, in his home, surrounded by his closest family.

The words strong or brave don't really do him justice in my mind. Though he very much deserved it, he never wanted any attention or praise, and so I'm going to observe his wish to maintain anonymity. I would like to genuinely thank you all for your support over the last three and a half years. I know it meant a lot to him. He taught me to appreciate what I have, to be independent and proud but always humble, and I still can't quite imagine going through life without him. I'm so glad I have this place to revisit, to hear him through his writing. I smile a little bit to think he didn't realise that I already knew how much he swore.

The funeral is on Friday afternoon. If you would like to do anything, please raise a glass, or, better yet, a cuppa, to Foggy at 3:30pm. I'm sure he would have loved that.

Thank you again.

Feel awful pressing the "like" button on this post, it's one I've been dreading for a while. Can I just say that you should be so proud of your dad. I've read all of his posts and he was an absolute inspiration, and about the only poster on here who could genuinely bring a tear to my eye. The way he saw the positives, the way he refused to feel sorry for himself, the way you could think you were having a bad day but, after reading one of his posts, make you realise how much you've got to be thankful for, the bloke was a legend. His love for his family shone through at all times, and I'm so glad that when he passed he had his closest family by his side. My thoughts are with you and all your family, your dad really was one in a million and I'm so sorry for your loss x

I'm so sorry to tell you all that my Dad passed away last Monday on October 12th.

I don't think I need to tell you how amazing he was. Despite suffering two strokes at the end of September and being left only able to speak a few words at a time, he was still cracking jokes right to the end. We managed to bring him home from the hospital, to be cared for where he was comfortable and where we were able to visit him. He passed there, in his home, surrounded by his closest family.

The words strong or brave don't really do him justice in my mind. Though he very much deserved it, he never wanted any attention or praise, and so I'm going to observe his wish to maintain anonymity. I would like to genuinely thank you all for your support over the last three and a half years. I know it meant a lot to him. He taught me to appreciate what I have, to be independent and proud but always humble, and I still can't quite imagine going through life without him. I'm so glad I have this place to revisit, to hear him through his writing. I smile a little bit to think he didn't realise that I already knew how much he swore.

The funeral is on Friday afternoon. If you would like to do anything, please raise a glass, or, better yet, a cuppa, to Foggy at 3:30pm. I'm sure he would have loved that.

Thank you again.

I am not a Sunderland Supporter but one that supports another club - Swindon.
These wonderful NE Sunderland Supporters allowed me to kick off the ritual match day thread Saturday and I dedicated this to your Dad unknown to this sad news.
I am writing this with a tear in my eye thus apologies for any spelling mistakes.

Your Dad is a legend and you don’t need anyone telling you that. We know all about you because he told us and rightfully proud of you he was and rightfully so.
Everyone was proud of @foggy.
Far too many decent words to describe him. My family have got to know his posts and this one I have gathered the troops to tell them this very sad news.

I have already put a note in my work calendar and will walk outside and I promise you I will only have thoughts at that time for Foggy, you and your family.
I hope this message reaches you and I know everyone on this forum will be devastated by this news.
What an unbelievable, inspirational and wonderful Dad.
My heart and prayers go out to you xx
RIP Foggy - Thankyou for just being you.

Last edited:
So sorry for your loss.
Didn’t know Foggy personally but from his posts it really felt like I did and many on here will be feeling exactly the same as me at this minute.
He let us into his life and shared some of his worst moments and still managed to somehow put a smile on our faces.
He was an inspiration.
RIP Foggy.

Last edited:
So very sorry to read this Becky, I used to read his posts and always thought he was an incredibly brave man to be even bothered to do that at a time of great pain emotional and physical. As many will say on here he made us think about our problems which he helped lighten just reading his words.I hope yous can take some small comfort on knowing he was a good man, that’s all we can strive to be for our family’s. God bless him, and you and family X

Thank you again.
:cry:
Your dad was a magnificent, brave fighter Becky - whom we all admired and loved (and we all know how much he adored you, he was proud as punch of his talented, independent daughter). I'm so sorry for your loss, my love and deepest sympathies to you, the family and (((hugs))) to his beloved pooch xxx
Sleep well Foggy my friend, no more pain fella - I'll raise a cuppa to him on Friday, he's a big loss to the world and this forum 💔

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back