French foreign legion tv show

Can anyone remember a tv show about the French foreign legion that was on telly about 15 or so years ago? At one point it had them travel to some jungle assault course where the world send their military elite to test them. One particular obstacle (a big muddy ramp thing) they struggled to get over for hours and the British SAS hold the record for scaling it in 50 seconds or so.

I don’t think it was the show where normal folk could go through the selection process and have sand poured over them and not join that was on not so long ago. These lot were really joining it.

Can anyone remember a tv show about the French foreign legion that was on telly about 15 or so years ago? At one point it had them travel to some jungle assault course where the world send their military elite to test them. One particular obstacle (a big muddy ramp thing) they struggled to get over for hours and the British SAS hold the record for scaling it in 50 seconds or so.

I don’t think it was the show where normal folk could go through the selection process and have sand poured over them and not join that was on not so long ago. These lot were really joining it.
The Flying Deuces.

I think there was 2 around the same time. The first was more or less following new recruits and the second was with (a then unknown) Bear Gryls.

There was one called simply " The Legion"; followed a scotish lad called Haggi trying to get through the selection process.
Sure that was the one following the recruits.

I think there was 2 around the same time. The first was more or less following new recruits and the second was with (a then unknown) Bear Gryls.
Escape to the Legion.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
I knew a lad who did 3 years in the legion.

was in British army as a tank driver for a number of years... had a reunion in france with some of the lads and got into a massive scrap and aggro.. got sent down and had the choice of prison or the foreign legion..

i though it was all bollocks til I went round his house once and he had all these photos in his legionaire get up and sitting ontop of tanks in french uniform

I knew a lad who did 3 years in the legion.

was in British army as a tank driver for a number of years... had a reunion in france with some of the lads and got into a massive scrap and aggro.. got sent down and had the choice of prison or the foreign legion..

i though it was all bollocks til I went round his house once and he had all these photos in his legionaire get up and sitting ontop of tanks in french uniform
Did he tell you how the legion was compared to the British army (apart from the language)?

Did he tell you how the legion was compared to the British army (apart from the language)?

it was over 20 years ago now but he hated it for first year or so until he got a grasp of the language.. fucked initially as didnt speak any french.. I think he quite liked it in the end as he was a bit of a nutter

I just rememebr the first bit about how he ended up in the legion.

it was over 20 years ago now but he hated it for first year or so until he got a grasp of the language.. fucked initially as didnt speak any french.. I think he quite liked it in the end as he was a bit of a nutter

I just rememebr the first bit about how he ended up in the legion.
I'm sure I saw somewhere you get assigned to someone bi lingual to get a grasp of the initial orders barked at you during basic training. Doubt it's a great deal of help when an nco is beasting you mind!

Interestingly I'm sure they still do the anonymity thing for the first year still for any wranguns out there that need a quick get away for a bit:lol:

There was one called simply " The Legion"; followed a scotish lad called Haggi trying to get through the selection process.
Think this might be it, can’t find it online though. Thanks, I remember it being really enjoyable as they weren’t afraid to show how shite they were to begin with, so I’ll try to find it to give it another watch.

Back