French fighter plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Could be anything really - prolonged loss of comms, a practice, military aircraft have even been known to intercept the wrong aircraft when it's a practice.

The thing to remember is as long as you can see the fighter you're almost guaranteed to be in no danger.

Why would people be "terrified" because they saw another plane out the window? :confused:

The possibility of their being on bomb on board? The thought of being blown out of the sky in order to stop another 911 type attack?

Rational or not, folk are gonna have these thoughts.

The possibility of their being on bomb on board? The thought of being blown out of the sky in order to stop another 911 type attack?

Rational or not, folk are gonna have these thoughts.
What good could a fighter jet do in that scenario?

So it would still get blown out of the sky anyway. I know it sounds a stupid thing to say, just can't get me head around it.

Hypothetically if there was a bomb on board, the fighter jet may look to terminate the passenger jet over a rural area to minimize damage. The hypothetical bomb may be set to detonate over a large town or city to maxmize damage.
Or if there was intel that there was a 9/11 type situation about to happen (diverting the plane towards the eiffel tower or something), again the fighter jet would terminate the passenger flight.
It's damage limitation, in that you accept all passengers and crew are not going to survive anyway.

So it would still get blown out of the sky anyway. I know it sounds a stupid thing to say, just can't get me head around it.

Aye. Take the decision to shoot down the plane. Ultimately killing all on board in order to try and save many more on the ground.

Why would people be "terrified" because they saw another plane out the window? :confused:
Because it is a military aircraft capable of harming or downing them? Would not be the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back