Freesat…

Sacked sky off other day so looking for a recording freesat box. Any suggestions? Don’t need 4k as me telly just a hd one.

Would I need to swap lnb? As it a sky q one on dish ?

Cheers.

Ive had Freesat for sometime , first with the Humax recordable and now with Freesat recordable as Humax seem to no longer do Freesat

No different at all to what I had with SKY - pause live , series planning etc etc

Paid for its self in 6 months after I binned sky

Ive had Freesat for sometime , first with the Humax recordable and now with Freesat recordable as Humax seem to no longer do Freesat

No different at all to what I had with SKY - pause live , series planning etc etc

Paid for its self in 6 months after I binned sky
This.
I bought the same model 3 months ago and all features are the same as Sky (if not better as you can set reminders to start for programmes which Sky inconveniently abandoned with the so-called Super Q box!)
Now just paying £19.99 for Grain Connect with guarantee of no price rises through the contract.

Sacked sky off other day so looking for a recording freesat box. Any suggestions? Don’t need 4k as me telly just a hd one.

Would I need to swap lnb? As it a sky q one on dish ?

Cheers.
I've just got a 1lnb bog standard box , no record or anything, cost around 40 squid I think, No need to swap out your cable as well 👍

You won't be able to pause, fast forward and record mind unless you pay a bit more.
Aye I know that but will take a cheap one to fill the gap till get a new reality warrent a bit 4k 😂
Telly^
This.
I bought the same model 3 months ago and all features are the same as Sky (if not better as you can set reminders to start for programmes which Sky inconveniently abandoned with the so-called Super Q box!)
Now just paying £19.99 for Grain Connect with guarantee of no price rises through the contract.
I’ve just signed up to grain. The 150 package they any good ?

Last edited:
This.
Do you need an ariel or can you use the sky dish cables?

The cable from the dish has dual outlets (I don't know the technical name) so plugged both into the box which means I can record 3 or 4 programmes at once. One cable would only let you record the one programme youwere watching. I depends how recent the Sky installation is I should think. If you already have a Sky Q box it will probably be the same as mine.
My aerial plugs into the TV so have Freeview on there and Freesat from the box.

The cable from the dish has dual outlets (I don't know the technical name) so plugged both into the box which means I can record 3 or 4 programmes at once. One cable would only let you record the one programme youwere watching. I depends how recent the Sky installation is I should think. If you already have a Sky Q box it will probably be the same as mine.
My aerial plugs into the TV so have Freeview on there and Freesat from the box.
Dont think i have an ariel, so would just be through the sky q cables
Yeah you will need a standard LNB as Q works on different signal or whatever its called
What does this mean? Got sky q and no ariel, someone above said they plugged sky q cables in but this reads to me that it wouldn't work, what am i missing?

Last edited:
The satellite cable(s) go straight into your box. You don't need an aerial. You just won't have terrestrial Freeview as an additional option.
The box connects to an HDMI slot on the TV.

Dont think i have an ariel, so would just be through the sky q cables

What does this mean? Got sky q and no ariel, someone above said they plugged sky q cables in but this reads to me that it wouldn't work, what am i missing?

We had 2 sets of std sky cables coming in from years ago . One to the kitchen and one to the conservatory (my room) . I got rid sky in the conservatory years ago for a Humax Freesat which plugged straight into std sky cables but we still had sky in the Kitchen which at some point was upgraded to Q and the LNB box was changed to a 4 port one -2 x9 ports and 2 x std ports . When we decided to get rid of sky altogether , the freesat would tune in on the Kitchen cables as these were the Q ones . Had to get the LNB changed back to 4 std ports

Back