Freddie Mercury

I was never a Queen fan growing up. It's only since watching a lot of reaction videos on you tube that I've realised what an incredible singer and performer Freddy was. Especially when you hear his voice in isolation.

I wonder what more he'd have achieved if he'd lived longer. 30 years - wow.
That first sentence sums me up as well. I've watched a fair few of those reaction videos - a lot of them are enjoyable to watch especially from the younger generation who have no idea what to expect and they end up gobsmacked. This is one of my favourites, the joy in this young man's face at Freddie's voice makes me smile.

No one had a bad thing to say about the bloke, ahead of his time and superb unique voice.
How was he 'ahead of his time'? I would have said he was very much of his time?

Axl was great but I think Freddie is the best overall. I have heard nothing to suggest Prince is one of the greatest guitarists ever like...
Prince was an excellent guitarist but had an absolute plethora of other talents. Among those was being a fantastic frontman who I always thought was better than Freddie. Just comes down to personal opinion though and I understand that Freddie will probably be the populist choice.

Prince could command a crowd like Freddie but in a different way.

Great frontmen have a power. I hate to use the expression but it is the X factor.

He wasn’t my cup of tea. He turned a decent Rock band into a operatic mess. He wasn’t a great singer either. He was the frontman and the rest let him do what he wanted to do.
It’s a no from me but I will say I hope he is R.I.P.

That first sentence sums me up as well. I've watched a fair few of those reaction videos - a lot of them are enjoyable to watch especially from the younger generation who have no idea what to expect and they end up gobsmacked. This is one of my favourites, the joy in this young man's face at Freddie's voice makes me smile.

Thanks for sharing. I've just watched the same chap react to Somebody to Love, brilliant.

Back