freddie mercury story ch5 sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which part is incorrect and I don't mean which part you don't want to be true, which part actually is not correct?
Really?

But to answer your question, the whole Sun City issue has been twisted and turned in time and doesn't truly reflect what happened. The band were uncomfortable about playing it, so their Manager (Jim Beach) sought confirmation on several occasions that they would be playing to a mixed audience. Each time he was offered assurances that it would be a non-segregated, mixed audience. Obviously, we know that this wasn't the case when the band came to play, but they did it for the right reasons. They were subsequently fined and out of (most probably) guilt, set up a charity with UNICEF in South Africa. The entire profit from the gig at Sid James' park in '86 went into this UNICEF fund.

We all fuck up, it's how you respond afterwards that you should be judged upon. As other posters have said, lets not forget the amount of black artists who happily played Sun City and made no such contribution to the country afterwards.

That's a bit shit for a singing competition that attracts thousands upon thousands of applicants each year. Surprised it's still going and been hugely successful tbh

I'm not surprised at all. It's not really about finding good singers, it's about spinning it all into a story that resonates with the public and hopefully sells records. Cowell knows how to make money.

I'm not surprised at all. It's not really about finding good singers, it's about spinning it all into a story that resonates with the public and hopefully sells records. Cowell knows how to make money.

Still wouldn't work if no one could sing. It's pretty obvious plenty can hit the notes. I'd agree it's moved away from the singing more over recent years, but that's because people got bored. Even those than can sing are shite though, zero character or story to their voice.

Still wouldn't work if no one could sing. It's pretty obvious plenty can hit the notes. I'd agree it's moved away from the singing more over the years, but that's because people got bored.

Not many good singers imo. That fat Italian could sing a couple of years back but the public didn't get him. This year there's not a good singer, same as last year. Leona Lewis was a good singer but I find her voice annoying.

Most can't even hit the notes these days like. It's ok though because the "judges" tell us how great they are.

still think queen would get massive crowds with a new lead singer.

nobody could be as good as Freddie, but it would be canny hearing the songs live again.

saw a tribute band in blackpool one year and the singer was excellent

Been touring with American Idol winner Adam Lambert, still packing them in.

Dangermows wont like it though... another gay singer.

Not many good singers imo. That fat Italian could sing a couple of years back but the public didn't get him. This year there's not a good singer, same as last year. Leona Lewis was a good singer but I find her voice annoying.

Most can't even hit the notes these days like. It's ok though because the "judges" tell us how great they are.

She's a prime example of someone who can clearly sing but I still think is shite.

Adele is another. Clearly can sing but I find her, and her music, appalling.

She's a prime example of someone who can clearly sing but I still think is shite.

Adele is another. Clearly can sing but I find her, and her music, appalling.

I agree. It's a bit like how Liam Gallagher (for example) can't sing very well but I'd rather watch Oasis live than Leona. Or even Ian Brown (even worse vocally than LG).

Really?

But to answer your question, the whole Sun City issue has been twisted and turned in time and doesn't truly reflect what happened. The band were uncomfortable about playing it, so their Manager (Jim Beach) sought confirmation on several occasions that they would be playing to a mixed audience. Each time he was offered assurances that it would be a non-segregated, mixed audience. Obviously, we know that this wasn't the case when the band came to play, but they did it for the right reasons. They were subsequently fined and out of (most probably) guilt, set up a charity with UNICEF in South Africa. The entire profit from the gig at Sid James' park in '86 went into this UNICEF fund.

We all fuck up, it's how you respond afterwards that you should be judged upon. As other posters have said, lets not forget the amount of black artists who happily played Sun City and made no such contribution to the country afterwards.
So it actually is true. Just you want to give a big long explanation about it.

Imagine thinking that if someone doesnt like a singer, who happens to be gay, it means they dont like any gay singers or that they are homophobic :lol:

a complete degenerate

The more you hear of him the more you realise he was a wrong un mind.

Still wouldn't work if no one could sing. It's pretty obvious plenty can hit the notes. I'd agree it's moved away from the singing more over recent years, but that's because people got bored. Even those than can sing are shite though, zero character or story to their voice.

They're all very samey but they appeal to the Spotify types.

In what way was he a wrongun? Maybe I haven't read enough about him?

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Fred...aked+and+parade+in+front+of+him...-a061166654

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/962549/vip-paedos-the-chicken-rack-and-met-cover-up/

All kinds of excessive sexual behaviour and experimentation, with drugs and a generally reckless hedonistic attitude. Which is somewhat rare among musical performers, I'm given to understand

Including under age foreign rent boys blasted then booted out of his limo once he was done with them.

Just a bit of a joke about the cock duster.

The rest, being gay, dressing up and prancing about the stage, and dying of aids are just facts of his life story. Not a slur is it tbf?

That's a bit shit for a singing competition that attracts thousands upon thousands of applicants each year. Surprised it's still going and been hugely successful tbh.
When you are using it to criticise his professional life then yes it is, and it's totally unnecessary as you've just demonstrated in your reply to my previous post.

When you are using it to criticise his professional life then yes it is, and it's totally unnecessary as you've just demonstrated in your reply to my previous post.

It's not homophobic at all to say he was a gay man, who pranced about a stage dressed up and died of AIDS. Definitely not.

If a straight bloke was going to orgies, sleeping with strangers all the time and dabbling with under age children I'd point out he was a wrong un too. Wouldn't mean I was against straight people either :lol:

everyone watching on Sunday then?
Just the last bit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back