Freddie doesn't like Athers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atherton and Hussian are top notch pundits, just cos they were not as good doesnt mean they cant criticize

Totally agree, and certainly Hussain did a lot more for England as captain than Flintoff did, laid the foundations that built the squad Flintoff starred in,

And nothing the current players do will raise them above criticism but I reckon there must be some history between them from Lancashire.

Maybe hes annoyed that he wil never be taken seriously as cricket writer or journalist, and will just spend the rest of his career being hoyed off tall buildings with a bit of elastic tied to his leg for charity.

As good as Freddie was I cringe when I see him on the box. His daredevil stunt shows are truly awful.

Athers and Nass are top notch for me. Athers in particular is a hero of mine. In an era of serious bowling when England were useless he always stuck his chest out, usually playing through considerable pain! Maybe Freddie could have taken note!

As good as Freddie was I cringe when I see him on the box. His daredevil stunt shows are truly awful.

Athers and Nass are top notch for me. Athers in particular is a hero of mine. In an era of serious bowling when England were useless he always stuck his chest out, usually playing through considerable pain! Maybe Freddie could have taken note!

To be fair to Flintoff who I am not keen on he both stuck his chest out and played through the pain

Fred is losing the plot

Alcohol involved I should think

"Flintoff, the people's champion but never as popular within the game, seems to have forgotten it is Atherton's job to assess England players. He also forgets that Atherton, who had to carry a poor England team before the days of central contracts, played at a time when bowling quality was much higher. It is a sad but predictable rant from a man who has few friends in cricket and is held in low regard by the majority in the game. England are better off without him, as most within the sport privately acknowledge ... there is no love lost between Flintoff and the bulk of people in cricket."

Ouch

"Flintoff, the people's champion but never as popular within the game, seems to have forgotten it is Atherton's job to assess England players. He also forgets that Atherton, who had to carry a poor England team before the days of central contracts, played at a time when bowling quality was much higher. It is a sad but predictable rant from a man who has few friends in cricket and is held in low regard by the majority in the game. England are better off without him, as most within the sport privately acknowledge ... there is no love lost between Flintoff and the bulk of people in cricket."

Ouch

"Flintoff, with a Test batting avge of 31, attacks Atherton for only averaging in the 30s. Interesting logic that from TV's Andrew Flintoff."

:lol:

Colly can't stand Atherton as a bloke and to be honest Athers criticised him from the first minute Colly came into the England team to the last. On the rare occasions he praised Collingwood it always felt like it was through gritted teeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back