Francis Okoronkwo Now Official

He developed Jay Spearing, very hard to say no

He doesn't have the best record with youth players, that's a certainty. Liverpool always had exciting talent like Steve McManaman, Robbie Fowler, Michael Owen, even Raheem Sterling and other England internationals under Rodgers, both sandwiched either side of Benitez's reign at Liverpool. You probably wouldn't want to dwell on the Longstaffs either. He's not a manager that I'd be rushing to play for if I was a youth player. Compare it to the faith Johnson has in youngsters and you can only conclude he's badly advised.

Those complaining about him leaving need the reality check that we are in League one and there is not a single young man who would turn down the opportunity to join a prestigious premier League club.

If we want to keep them then we need to get out of this rut.

It's naive to say the least then. I've been saying for a long time that League One clubs can't compete with Premier League clubs when it comes to retaining their young players, regardless of what ownership is in place and this has now vindicated my argument. You can have another disagree yourself.

Good luck to him and I hope he does well, as I've said for all the young lads who have departed us. He may find that the grass isn't always greener, as others have found, and he may regret it looking at how Dan Neil has flourished.
The big difference is that we attempted to convince this lad to stay, showing him a clear pathway into the first team.

Your pals actively tried to sell kids to bring a few £ in for short term gains.

Those complaining about him leaving need the reality check that we are in League one and there is not a single young man who would turn down the opportunity to join a prestigious premier League club.

Their are plenty and the numbers are increasing as they see others join elite clubs with a mountain to climb to reach the first team which often they don’t
If they stay and get in first team football and turn out to be top class then they will end up at a top top club anyway eg the Jordan’s

Dan Neil as already mentioned. Adam Richardson did as well.

Good luck Frankie. Hope he does well. A large amount of comments on line from Everton fans don't have much faith in progressing through David Unsworth. That's in general not personally.

He doesn't have the best record with youth players, that's a certainty. Liverpool always had exciting talent like Steve McManaman, Robbie Fowler, Michael Owen, even Raheem Sterling and other England internationals under Rodgers, both sandwiched either side of Benitez's reign at Liverpool. You probably wouldn't want to dwell on the Longstaffs either. He's not a manager that I'd be rushing to play for if I was a youth player. Compare it to the faith Johnson has in youngsters and you can only conclude he's badly advised.
duncan ferguson is the everton development coach..and has a good record

The only ways we can discourage young academy products from going is to find our way back up the league pyramid and to show theres a clear pathway for the best youth players to the first team. Like Dan Neil, like Patterson, like Ellis Taylor is in the early stages of.

Senior football beats U23s football every time.

The big difference is that we attempted to convince this lad to stay, showing him a clear pathway into the first team.

Your pals actively tried to sell kids to bring a few £ in for short term gains.
what pals?
player who left were all offered contracts werent they? isnt that trying to get them to stay?

Back