Frances McDormand

Just watching Nomadland on Channel 4, which is an odd but remarkable film, featuring a terrific performance from McDormand. Is there a better living actor/actress? She's one of only 4 people living to win 3 acting Oscars (Steep, Nicholson, Day-Lewis are the others).

Katharine Hepburn, Ingrid Bergman and, er, Walter Brennan are the three dead peopel to hace won 3 or more acting Oscars.

Just watching Nomadland on Channel 4, which is an odd but remarkable film, featuring a terrific performance from McDormand. Is there a better living actor/actress? She's one of only 4 people living to win 3 acting Oscars (Steep, Nicholson, Day-Lewis are the others).

Katharine Hepburn, Ingrid Bergman and, er, Walter Brennan are the three dead peopel to hace won 3 or more acting Oscars.
Herself and day Lewis the only living ones to have three best actor/actress awards.

If ya on about Streep don’t even start she’s a total mess and a Thatcherite but somehow gets a free pass

I do like McDormand mind three billboards is amazing

It was very good
To be honest I’d never heard of it

She’s a great actress. I remember her really standing out when I first seen Fargo. Three Billboards was excellent as was she. I don’t hold much credibility in the Oscar’s mind as looking back over the years and seeing some of the actors and films and What they beat there has been some head scratching choices. I’m a fan of hers though.

Tell you who is great. Andrea Risebrough.

Sorry couldn't deal with Nomadland. I had a feeling I was meant to be impressed but it just annoyed me.

Mcdormand is clearly up thete. I'll raise you Laura Linney.

Last edited:
doesn't she just play the same character in every film?

she's good like, but quite one dimensional ?

admittedly i think i've only seen three of four

Back