Fracking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saw a documentary about fracking a while ago, folks in the states could set their tap water on fire and everything in all rivers died. I don't like fish and see it as free fuel so I'm all for it

Saw a documentary about fracking a while ago, folks in the states could set their tap water on fire and everything in all rivers died. I don't like fish and see it as free fuel so I'm all for it
You actually think that the ordinary consumer will see any of the benefits created by despoiling the nation and polluting the water table? Dream on!

Should be pumping all the resources we have into trying to make nuclear fusion commercially viable.

I certainly wouldn't want someone fracking near my gaff and don't think anyone should have to be subjected to it.

That was due to the home owner in the states having his water supplied direct from a well on his land, which is quite common over there.

I would say that the vast majority of homes in the UK have their water supplied by a piped system which come from a reservoir, the water being treated along the way, taking out any impurities. The water companies must ensure that the water is fit for humans to drink.

It's like most types of energy generation. People want the leccy on but don't want it generated around where they live. Until people stop using so much gas and electric we have to find some way of getting it that's not ridiculously expensive. As long as it is regulated strictly I'm ok with it.
I dont think there are any plans to frack in the northeast, but there are licences for underground coal gasification.

Think you may have found the main drawback there, like.

The main thing people worry about is drilling under their homes and causing subsidence . It's not allowed of course

I'm sure if the right wingers eventually get their way, pull Britain out of the EU and dismantle all the pesky market regulation that's getting in the way of prosperity, that protection of ordinary people and the environment will just continue on a voluntary basis because businesses are so nice.

Or we could use our wind resources properly

UKIP supporters don't want that because Europe and immigrants.

We're not the same as the states

You don't own oil and gas under your land, the state does. We can strike a deal to let someone get it out of course, but it's a lot less lucrative than for the Yankee landowners

Plus of course our tracts of land are a lot smaller before they bash up against the neighbours. Makes fracking unlikely to happen on a major scale in this country IMO . You can only frack within the boundaries of the land you have permission for

Not for it or against it as I don't know enough about it, but I would have thought a prolonged process of exchanging one substance for another beneath the ground will have some impact on what happens on the surface.

In a similar way, it is considered environmentally friendly to harness the heat below the surface of the earth to warm your house. However, if every house was heated this way wouldn't it drop the temperature on the surface & thereby cause huge environmental harm?

If people want cheaper fuel than it needs to be done or as ready posted stop using so much fuel.

What makes you think our fuel will be any cheaper as a result of fracking in the UK?

Any gas pulled from the ground will be sold at the going rates. The public won't benefit from this, investors will.

What makes you think our fuel will be any cheaper as a result of fracking in the UK?

Any gas pulled from the ground will be sold at the going rates. The public won't benefit from this, investors will.
well revenue/tax streams will benefit the UK as a whole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back