Fracking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renewables, literally no excuse in this day and age for not doing it....Why has every home in Britain not got solar panels for a start, I have two small ones and its cut my energy bills massively.
I've got 16 solar panels on my roof but that's not enough all year round. I've worked on many, many windfarm sites and guess where they get put? Up on these desolate beautiful moors. A fracking site could be set up and then dismantled after a couple of years. Planning conditions could be inserted by Local authorities insisting the site is restored and a fund set up to help the local environment and community.

Why did the Vegan cross the road .......... to tell someone he/she was a Vegan !
Yet everyday on here there is someone on here whinging on about vegans, yet there is rarely vegans on here whinging about meat eaters. The vegans I know tend to just get on with their lives showing compassion for animals and the planet. The carnivores seem to be the ones with the biggest gobs.

could not give 2 fucks either way what pisses me off is the jobless scruffy tramps who go and protest against these things i bet half the fuckers dont even know what they are protesting against

Hmmm fracking

A) they always look like they need a wash

B) they defiantly need to get a proper f***ing job

C) guaranteed to be vegan

A Don’t need a wash.
B I have a proper job. In fact I’m a manager and doing rather well
C I am 100% meat eater.

I’m going next week. Never done anything like this before and although will not get arrested, want to show my support.

Nuclear power lads are pissing their pants laughing ere. They are getting the go ahead All over.

This is not true

Last edited:
So they are back at it today. Good or bad thing? Personally I don't mind if it helps provide future energy security. Oh and yes they can frack near me if they want to.
The Dutch are shutting down their fracking operations in Groningen because of the increasing strength and frequency of the earthquakes it is producing. This has resulted in extensive damage to many properties. I hope your house insurance covers you.
According to a lawsuit being pursued by 3,500 victims, an estimated 100,000 houses in Groningen have together lost an estimated €1bn in value due to seismic activity.
Gas field earthquakes put Netherlands’ biggest firms on extraction notice

Cuadrilla were involved in Holland as well, they don't seem to care about resultant damage.
Dutch minister confirms ban on drilling, shale gas 'not an option' - DutchNews.nl

Before reading: no opinion due to lack of information
After reading: definitely against

No benefit to the regular folk, just money in the pockets of big companies.
All the potential bad shite that comes with it is all heaped on the regular folk and nearby wildlife.

Put the money into sustainable green energy with little or no environmental impact instead as far as I'm concerned rather than locking ourselves into gas power stations as an interim measure to becoming "green".

Yet everyday on here there is someone on here whinging on about vegans, yet there is rarely vegans on here whinging about meat eaters. The vegans I know tend to just get on with their lives showing compassion for animals and the planet. The carnivores seem to be the ones with the biggest gobs.
No there isn't you hippy!

The Dutch are shutting down their fracking operations in Groningen because of the increasing strength and frequency of the earthquakes it is producing. This has resulted in extensive damage to many properties. I hope your house insurance covers you.

Gas field earthquakes put Netherlands’ biggest firms on extraction notice

Cuadrilla were involved in Holland as well, they don't seem to care about resultant damage.
Dutch minister confirms ban on drilling, shale gas 'not an option' - DutchNews.nl
Interesting

Contamination at the well head, this could happen just the same with conventional drilling. The fracking takes place thousands of feet underground.

Sorry mate; not trying to be argumentative for the sake of it, but surely the whole point of that article is that the contamination was identified as being from the deep Marcellus and not from the surface layers.

Just a joke man , calm down :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back