Four Durham Lads in the Lions Squad

find this canny odd like. callum parkinson? i feel like they got the wrong twin there like. did he have a decent season for leicestershire? was left out of their side for the last few games wasnt he?

all i can find online is from cricinfo he didn't play a FC game after the 16.4 started and sky sports news weirdly doesn't say how many wickets he took but bowled 443 overs with an average of 49.57 and best of 5-128.

i guess he had a strong white ball tournament/s?

find this canny odd like. callum parkinson? i feel like they got the wrong twin there like. did he have a decent season for leicestershire? was left out of their side for the last few games wasnt he?

all i can find online is from cricinfo he didn't play a FC game after the 16.4 started and sky sports news weirdly doesn't say how many wickets he took but bowled 443 overs with an average of 49.57 and best of 5-128.

i guess he had a strong white ball tournament/s?
Matt bowls too slowly for them for international cricket I believe. But after having a good season you'd have thought he'd be worth another look.

Seems their just looking at every spinner they've not seen before ahead of the India tour.

RE his lack of involvement in September they had use of Rehan in a couple of the games and the others I believe neither side played a spinner. He'll play every game for us next season you'd imagine, so we shall see how he goes.

Spinners if not used the right way won't shine at the end of the day. Just see Matt Parkinson at Lancs. Then Moeen under Cook and Leach under Root.

Let's hope Callum shines under Scotty and Campbell. In the same way Matty did.

Matt bowls too slowly for them for international cricket I believe. But after having a good season you'd have thought he'd be worth another look.

Seems their just looking at every spinner they've not seen before ahead of the India tour.

RE his lack of involvement in September they had use of Rehan in a couple of the games and the others I believe neither side played a spinner. He'll play every game for us next season you'd imagine, so we shall see how he goes.

Spinners if not used the right way won't shine at the end of the day. Just see Matt Parkinson at Lancs. Then Moeen under Cook and Leach under Root.

Let's hope Callum shines under Scotty and Campbell. In the same way Matty did.

obviously i hope he does great for us, and cricket is notoriously difficult to dig up any reliable stats that tell the full story however according to cricinfo he played 4 matches taking 11 wickets at an average of 44.63

i'm totally open to him being mint though and will be cheering him on next season.

obviously when i say cheering, i mean occasional quiet and respectful applause

obviously i hope he does great for us, and cricket is notoriously difficult to dig up any reliable stats that tell the full story however according to cricinfo he played 4 matches taking 11 wickets at an average of 44.63

i'm totally open to him being mint though and will be cheering him on next season.

obviously when i say cheering, i mean occasional quiet and respectful applause
It could be a completely different tale at the Riverside though. This pitch, now, is very conducive to spin and if he's anything like as accurate and as consistent as his brother he should take hat-fulls of wicket.

I've always liked watching spin bowlers, loved watching Swann.

What’s the chances of a couple of them going to the Windies halfway through for that white ball tour?
I think the side we saw against Ireland will be playing the December ODI series if that's what your on about.

Why the fuck are we playing an ODI series in the December mind. Really shows how little of a fuck we've given about the format since 2019.

Second ODI series shortly after a world cup for the second year running.

I think the side we saw against Ireland will be playing the December ODI series if that's what your on about.

Why the fuck are we playing an ODI series in the December mind. Really shows how little of a fuck we've given about the format since 2019.

Second ODI series shortly after a world cup for the second year running.

Potts and Carse played the September ODIs, so you’d expect them to go to the Windies?

By the time you throw in the World Cup, Christmas (there’s an agreement that we’ll only tour Aus and SA then), the India test tour, the CPL and the IPL this was probably the only window that existed. I don’t think the ECB can be blamed.

Potts and Carse played the September ODIs, so you’d expect them to go to the Windies?

By the time you throw in the World Cup, Christmas (there’s an agreement that we’ll only tour Aus and SA then), the India test tour, the CPL and the IPL this was probably the only window that existed. I don’t think the ECB can be blamed.
Or don't play them at all? Meaningless ODI series when our best players don't play makes them even more meaningless.

Not a single one of the lads wanted to be in Australia last year after the T20 world cup. Performances showed.

Good chance for the next generation this time round. But the likes of Buttler and Root who intend to be their for 2027 shouldn't be missing out.

Or don't play them at all? Meaningless ODI series when our best players don't play makes them even more meaningless.

Not a single one of the lads wanted to be in Australia last year after the T20 world cup. Performances showed.

Good chance for the next generation this time round. But the likes of Buttler and Root who intend to be their for 2027 shouldn't be missing out.

You can’t deny the West Indies board a home series just cos we don’t fancy it.

We don't play them until at least 2028 in test cricket over there so yeah we can.

Do you see how much South Africa and NZ play away. Were the only board that shoehorns a series in for the sake of it.

That kind of plays to my point though mate. If you cancelled this series it would shaft the West Indies even more.

And I’d hate us to play as little cricket as SA and NZ.

Back