Forgotten Clothing Emporiums of the North East

mini-x2

Striker
That thread about Salon 70 took me down memory lane a bit and got me thinking about the clothes shops we used to use back then. West One was the main place for us in Sunderland, obviously you had Hodgson’s and Marco Polo in the same street. Jon Pierre, Cosmos and there was also a short lived Benetton in Sunderland. Any more?

Cassidy Clubman
Jeremy Adam
Ray Allan
City Stylish
I mentioned Tucci on that thread

In Newcastle there were a couple of class little shops on that side street (High Gate?) off Grey Street as you go down from the monument on the left.
Scorpio - I used to walk up Pink Lane from the station, look in a couple of little shops then McKay’s guitar shop, Flip, Kard Bar and then Scorpio which used to be at the corner of Newgate Street but is now in the Green Market, then on into Eldon Square to Detroit.

Hardly an emporium but I remember Tell It T Shirts (TITS) who used to advertise in Sounds Magazine and had hundreds of punk/New Wave and heavy rock T shirts on sale.Was located where Sid James Boulevard is now (Blenheim Street/Blandford Street?). Seem to recall the Upstarts once played a gig on the roof when they were banned from loads of venues.

Also Phaze on High Bridge Street.

Back