Forest increase ST prices

Fella from one of the Forest community groups on talksport this afternoon with Goldstein and Townend very eloquently articulated this issue.

Mentioned that the last date of the season to keep your ticket is the day before their final game of the season. Also that the Forest press releases are claiming there’s 11000 on a waiting list. Cheeky gets threatening season ticket holders with losing their seat if they don’t pay the inflated prices. Even though they might be in a lower division.

What a bunch of wxxxxxx, just pure greed everywhere.

I know most clubs in the PL and championship will do it but the amount these have increased are ridiculous.

Adults – 17.83%

Seniors – 18.08%

Youth – 50%

Children – 40.40%

They've also taken away u22 tickets so teenagers going from 17 to 18 now have a huge jump from potentially £190 for last season to £800 for this season.

And that my friends is why football is fucked

Felt inevitable for me with FFP/PSR. Either fans being further exploited as a revenue source with other areas closed down weren't factored in or they thought clubs would just stop looking for advantages over each other with things set as they are.

Disgusting ticket prices now. Prices should be no more than £20 per game and a fiver for kids with the amount of money in the game currently. The wages being paid to bang average players is mad.
Clubs can afford to pay players millions a year but can’t afford to offer affordable tickets.

The council raised their rent on the ground from 500k a year to 2 million
Their income would have skyrocketed getting in the premier league.

Wonder how much the Mage get charged. Bet the council is short changing the tax payer
As much as those prices are ridiculous I’m afraid people will still pay it. It seems Forest have bought a shed load of players and it is the fans that are to foot the bill one way or another.
Think I'd knock it on the head if ours were that much

Last edited:
Their income would have skyrocketed getting in the premier league.

Wonder how much the Mage get charged. Bet the council is short changing the tax payer

Think I'd knock it on the head if ours were that much
I would like to think others would have the same view, but I don’t think it will happen. Prices keep going up and fans still keep going.

And that my friends is why football is fucked

The problem is mate, it’s not - it’s probably the most popular it’s ever been. Even during a cost of living crisis, attendances continued to grow.

That said, I suspect Forest have shot themselves in the foot with this price increase - especially with the kids increase.

I’ve argued for a while that one of the reasons football hasn’t suffered when people were cutting back was down to the fact clubs were sensibly pricing kids season cards.

For example, Sheff Wed have high adult SC prices, but the kids are very reasonable and therefore you can get an adult and two kids on the Kop for c£40 a match. With us, it’s even better as you can get two adults and two kids for £45 a match in 24/25. Even at Liverpool, if you are lucky enough to get SCs 😂, you can get an adult and two kids on the Kop for £55 a match.

When you compare those prices to things such as the cinema, they stand up very well for a family looking to keep the kids entertained. Plus of course, given this country’s obsession with football, there’s a much bigger status thing with going to the match.

Forest’s prices though are now pushing £65+ per match.

The problem is mate, it’s not - it’s probably the most popular it’s ever been. Even during a cost of living crisis, attendances continued to grow.

That said, I suspect Forest have shot themselves in the foot with this price increase - especially with the kids increase.

I’ve argued for a while that one of the reasons football hasn’t suffered when people were cutting back was down to the fact clubs were sensibly pricing kids season cards.

For example, Sheff Wed have high adult SC prices, but the kids are very reasonable and therefore you can get an adult and two kids on the Kop for c£40 a match. With us, it’s even better as you can get two adults and two kids for £45 a match in 24/25. Even at Liverpool, if you are lucky enough to get SCs 😂, you can get an adult and two kids on the Kop for £55 a match.

When you compare those prices to things such as the cinema, they stand up very well for a family looking to keep the kids entertained. Plus of course, given this country’s obsession with football, there’s a much bigger status thing with going to the match.

Oh I agree, but I meant in the way following football has turned into something totally different to what a lot of us grew up with, and yeah football has NEVER been perfect, but modern day football, at the highest level leaves a me cold, its pretty grotesque

I've just suggested a reason for the kids/young 'uns increase in the FA Cup thread. Forest know there's a 'membership' with over 10k since it was launched last season. This increase will undoubtedly price out some parents with kids/young 'uns but Forest know they have 1,000s of adults willing to pay at least double/triple the money for a ST given they've got a waiting list.

It's a big fuck off to some of the low 20k average attendance fans who who've may have been going the last 20 odd years, since they were last in the PL following them through the good times but mostly the bad. Within 2 seasons they've been priced out. All so they can grab a few extra million that wouldn't even have paid for 3 months of Jesse Lingard who barely played the equivalent of 10 full premier PL last season.

The mags are heading the same way with their membership and lottery for tickets as it's all about milking the fans so clubs can throw most of their revenue at players.

Some may not like the SOL being oversized and they'd prefer it full but that would mean a very similar thing, ticket prices being increased. The SOL has some of the best concessions in the top 2 English leagues given the 90% availability to all age groups of which we have 3 non adult ones. This allows most of the next generation of fans to go to the games yet clubs like Forest have now got rid of the 17 to 21 year old and increased the prices for bairns under 18 by 40-50%. Aye they may fill the seats now with adults (some being glory seekers who will probably have little passion in them) but in the future will they have the kids they're pricing out now hooked to follow them, especially if they get relegated in a few seasons?

The greed monster in the game is horrendous now given that most of the money goes on players wages with clubs like Leicester recently paying £206m wages with just a £177m revenue! It's changing from the PSR to percentage of revenue to try to stop clubs throwing money around like this. This may well hit some non European competition clubs as it will be 85% of revenue on wages and NET spend. So a few bad signings could well cause issues further down the line when the resale value plummets.

The problem came from the top as big clubs can afford to buy donkeys and throw obscene wages at players and still have bad seasons. Though it looks to be catching up with Chelsea, albeit they sold hotels to a linked company for billions didn't they to offset some of the losses? That means the remaining clubs chasing the 'dream' of the big money in the CL who don't have a global reach need to find other ways to generate revenue so they can throw it at players in some way. Or clubs like Forest who want to stay in the league as it's proably around £150m in revenue just from being there and not the mid £10-20m after the parachute payments run out.

I've just suggested a reason for the kids/young 'uns increase in the FA Cup thread. Forest know there's a 'membership' with over 10k since it was launched last season. This increase will undoubtedly price out some parents with kids/young 'uns but Forest know they have 1,000s of adults willing to pay at least double/triple the money for a ST given they've got a waiting list.

It's a big fuck off to some of the low 20k average attendance fans who who've may have been going the last 20 odd years, since they were last in the PL following them through the good times but mostly the bad. Within 2 seasons they've been priced out. All so they can grab a few extra million that wouldn't even have paid for 3 months of Jesse Lingard who barely played the equivalent of 10 full premier PL last season.

The mags are heading the same way with their membership and lottery for tickets as it's all about milking the fans so clubs can throw most of their revenue at players.

Some may not like the SOL being oversized and they'd prefer it full but that would mean a very similar thing, ticket prices being increased. The SOL has some of the best concessions in the top 2 English leagues given the 90% availability to all age groups of which we have 3 non adult ones. This allows most of the next generation of fans to go to the games yet clubs like Forest have now got rid of the 17 to 21 year old and increased the prices for bairns under 18 by 40-50%. Aye they may fill the seats now with adults (some being glory seekers who will probably have little passion in them) but in the future will they have the kids they're pricing out now hooked to follow them, especially if they get relegated in a few seasons?

The greed monster in the game is horrendous now given that most of the money goes on players wages with clubs like Leicester recently paying £206m wages with just a £177m revenue! It's changing from the PSR to percentage of revenue to try to stop clubs throwing money around like this. This may well hit some non European competition clubs as it will be 85% of revenue on wages and NET spend. So a few bad signings could well cause issues further down the line when the resale value plummets.

The problem came from the top as big clubs can afford to buy donkeys and throw obscene wages at players and still have bad seasons. Though it looks to be catching up with Chelsea, albeit they sold hotels to a linked company for billions didn't they to offset some of the losses? That means the remaining clubs chasing the 'dream' of the big money in the CL who don't have a global reach need to find other ways to generate revenue so they can throw it at players in some way. Or clubs like Forest who want to stay in the league as it's proably around £150m in revenue just from being there and not the mid £10-20m after the parachute payments run out.

I saw a thing recently mate that suggested that based on 5,000 seats, a membership scheme (with ballot) returns 45% more revenue than just a SC.

I saw a thing recently mate that suggested that based on 5,000 seats, a membership scheme (with ballot) returns 45% more revenue than just a SC.
Aye I can certainly see why if fans are paying £30-£40 just to be on the list. Some clubs like Leeds limit season ticket sales as they know they can sell the single match day tickets. The mags may think they "have their club back" but many will soon find out that it will be taken away again by glory seekers and those with more money than them that the club 'value' more than those who've gone to games in the seasons prior to the owners taking over.

Back