Forest increase ST prices

Prices will just keep being increase exponentially until supporters can no longer afford it. Only the. Will they rethink the prices
At many clubs, especially the so called elite, many longstanding supporters have already been replaced by whoever has the deepest pockets). This has happened at mags to an extent and will likely continue and accelerate.

It's highly likely that at some point many of these "new breed" will get bored and then the old chickens will well and truly come home to roost

Really hope Forest get relegated 10 times off the trot

I know most clubs in the PL and championship will do it but the amount these have increased are ridiculous.

Adults – 17.83%

Seniors – 18.08%

Youth – 50%

Children – 40.40%

They've also taken away u22 tickets so teenagers going from 17 to 18 now have a huge jump from potentially £190 for last season to £800 for this season.

Everything has gone up except wages mate, it's a problem beyond football. You can go back to 2010, 2000, 1990 and you;; see your purchasing power has diminished, wages stagnated whilst costs increased.

Welcome to free market capitalism

It's scandalous when you think that huge TV/advertising rights that fund top tier football are paid by fans consuming those products. People are essentially paying twice. I can't see why attending football matches, certainly in the top tiers, isn't as little as £10 per game but until people start voting with their feet....

it says in that statement that Forest have a waiting list for season ticket holders so there'll be no voting with their feet going on.

although i wish it would happen, its simply not going to happen on a grand scale. i'd say 95% of those season ticket holders will find a way to afford the new prices through gritted teeth. the club know that

just the same as safc, they treat us like absolute shite because they know we'll keep turning up regardless

i think that the effects will start to kick in when the current generation of 12/13/14 year olds can't afford to go on their own with their mates when they get to 17/18 year old, especially not to stand with their mates singing, causing a bit hassle, drinking etc.. then the generational strand that links grandad to dad to son to grandson will be broken

once that generation of fan stops going, the plastic day trippers will take their place for a while until they get bored, realising that what makes british football so appealing is the atmosphere created by proper fans.

its already evident at man city

As much as those prices are ridiculous I’m afraid people will still pay it. It seems Forest have bought a shed load of players and it is the fans that are to foot the bill one way or another.

I know most clubs in the PL and championship will do it but the amount these have increased are ridiculous.

Adults – 17.83%

Seniors – 18.08%

Youth – 50%

Children – 40.40%

They've also taken away u22 tickets so teenagers going from 17 to 18 now have a huge jump from potentially £190 for last season to £800 for this season.

Would cost me £700 to sit in an equivalent seat in their stadium. I wouldn't bother at that price.

Supporters pay the price for giving squad players like Origi £120,000 per week.
This is the top and bottom of it. While TV money dwarves gate receipts these days, gate receipts are still a big provider of cash to clubs and with clubs more desperate than ever to chase the Premier League dream because of the cash you get when you get there and stay, along with making sure you’re compliant with FFP, I can only see it getting worse with the ever worsening ridiculous fees and wages being dished out to even average players meaning every single revenue stream is going to need bled dry.

As much as those prices are ridiculous I’m afraid people will still pay it. It seems Forest have bought a shed load of players and it is the fans that are to foot the bill one way or another.
Match day revenue of clubs like Forest are a fraction of the revenue as google says this

"Nottingham Forest's total 2023 revenue was £155m of which £11m was matchday income."

An article saying it's around £2m increase in revenue with price rise

The increase in revenue has been pegged at around £2m for Forest as a result of a rise in ticket prices, a figure that may seem negligible on the face of it given the negative headlines and potential for straining relations with supporters.

That £2m isn't much in Premier League terms and they hoyed £200k a week at Lingard last season. That's 10 weeks wages though he only made 17 PL appearances and played just 928 PL minutes so if it was £10m a year for him, that's over £10,000 per minute on the pitch! Even other players will be be on close to £100k a week, it's ridiculous.

It's about time clubs stopped throwing obscene money and players (and agents) and then milking match day fans with increased prices and lottery type memberships!

Last edited:
If you want Premiership football do not be suprised when the Season Ticket prices go up. First price increase since covid. Still cheaper than most of the other clubs.

Back