Ford are cutting their range to just 2 cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bit of a misleading thread title there. :lol:

I work in Automotive and find it a bit strange how many models some manufacturers have. Some just aren’t required.

Not at all surprised they're dropping the smaller focus and fiesta models, but I thought the fusion(mondeo) was a flagship model.

That a big step.

Especially with the general growth in small cars over here. Still,you don't know what they'll do with their other brands....

I work in Automotive and find it a bit strange how many models some manufacturers have. Some just aren’t required.

This. Never understood it either.

Especially Ford. They have so many similar models, even the Ka is the size of a Fiesta these days. Then there's the Ecosport, Edge and Kuga all similar competing with SUV market.

EDIT: Just had a look at their website. They seem to be marketing 4 Focus models as separate cars. Focus, All New Focus, the ST and RS. :eek:

I’m guessing Ford are catering to their domestic consumer demand then?

Non suv, crossover or utility 'cars'. Still leaves a pretty wide range considering how mucj of the us market is suv, crossover or utility.

Non suv, crossover or utility 'cars'. Still leaves a pretty wide range considering how mucj of the us market is suv, crossover or utility.
I don’t know anyone who drives a ford car. Most people drive SUV’s or pick ups. Those who do drive cars drive people carriers

I’m looking at you, BMW and Audi.

Actually, I just looked at Porsche and you can now get 60 - count em 60 - different variants.

Last edited:
Should ban new cars for 5 years ,world wide
We'd hardly notice ,more people would get a better share of the less we all spend

This. Never understood it either.

Especially Ford. They have so many similar models, even the Ka is the size of a Fiesta these days. Then there's the Ecosport, Edge and Kuga all similar competing with SUV market.

EDIT: Just had a look at their website. They seem to be marketing 4 Focus models as separate cars. Focus, All New Focus, the ST and RS. :eek:

Not really the same market though. Nobody after an Ecosport (around £15k) is going to be buying a Kuga (£25k) or an Edge (£40k).

The New Focus isn’t on sale yet so they’ll just be touting that and the ST and RS are completely different cars - one has 180/247bhp and FWD costing about £24k the other is a £35-40k 345bhp 4WD special edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back