Forced Participation

High Entropy

Midfield
Anyone else stuck in these types of situations.

Stuck with a load of old schoolers they call themselves, chatting the same old sh-- every day on repeat at every break time.

This country is going to the dogs ...
Youngin's these days ...
We should just shoot those boats, that'll stop them ...
Would you finger blast ...
Not like when we were kids ...
This government needs to ...
Bloody potholes ...

Always trying to force me to join in the conversations with these dinosaurs and god forbid I say they shouldn't talk about women like that, or actually that's not true, or that comment could be considered racist and we need to move away from using language like that, they call me a clueless millennial that's glued to my phone, I mean I know I shouldn't be looking for a new job in front of them but I just can't stand this forced chat every day.

Occasionally even the boss comes in and sits listening, logging every interaction in his mind and judging everyone by his own terrible "old school" standards. It's like being in the Flintstones, how can I tell them I'm here for money not friends and despite being twice my age they all have a lot of growing up to do?

Stuck with a load of old schoolers they call themselves, chatting the same old sh-- every day on repeat at every break time.

Youngin's these days ...
Bloody potholes ...

Always trying to force me to join in the conversations with these dinosaurs and god forbid I say they shouldn't talk about women like that, or actually that's not true, or that comment could be considered racist and we need to move away from using language like that, they call me a clueless millennial that's glued to my phone, I mean I know I shouldn't be looking for a new job in front of them but I just can't stand this forced chat every day.

Occasionally even the boss comes in and sits listening, logging every interaction in his mind and judging everyone by his own terrible "old school" standards. It's like being in the Flintstones, how can I tell them I'm here for money not friends and despite being twice my age they all have a lot of growing up to do?
You just need backfilling up to your neck , you'd soon get in the spirit of things

Having a social crisis of my own here. Group of mates from work, good company etc but they have got massively into this...

This is basically all we do now and it's boring. Every meet up is centred on this frigging game.

Youngin's these days ...
Bloody potholes ...

Maybe you just need to lighten up a bit? Takes all sorts to make a world.

Youngin's these days ...
Bloody potholes ...

Wait till you are older, then you'll understand what they're on about.

That’s mostly the crack at my workplace like, I just humour them for the most part and sometimes throw some more bait into the conversation to see them bite like rabid dogs. I agree with a lot of what they have to say, just mostly keep my opinions to myself in work though.

Occasionally get told about people coming here on boats pre match out the back of the Howard Arms. Same bloke, nice fella but generally first thing out his mouth is this.

Back