Footy Audio book recommendations

excalibur

Central Defender
Hi all, I’m in car a lot so listen to audio books whilst travelling, looking for any recommendations on football related or football autobiography related audiobooks to have a go at.

Just finished listening to Peter Reid’s, Jordan Henderson’s and Martin o’neils and have read the books already of the two Roy Keane ones.

Cheers

The best football biography I have ever read is:

Quiet Genius: Bob Paisley, British football’s greatest manager by Ian Herbert.

Fantastic insights into the man himself and his ability to build teams and develop players.
I lot of people and even Liverpool players took the mickey out of Paisley's appearance, quiet demeanor and even his limp.
Whereas Brian Clough said "Paisley was hard as nails and as canny as they come"

Brilliant book.

SHORTLISTED FOR THE WILLIAM HILL SPORTS BOOK OF THE YEAR 2017.

have you tried listening to football related podcasts?

The Second Tier is a good one to start dedicated championship podcast still been churning out some special podcasts in pre season.

have you tried listening to football related podcasts?

The Second Tier is a good one to start dedicated championship podcast still been churning out some special podcasts in pre season.
No but thanks I’ll take a look
The best football biography I have ever read is:

Quiet Genius: Bob Paisley, British football’s greatest manager by Ian Herbert.

Fantastic insights into the man himself and his ability to build teams and develop players.
I lot of people and even Liverpool players took the mickey out of Paisley's appearance, quiet demeanor and even his limp.
Whereas Brian Clough said "Paisley was hard as nails and as canny as they come"

Brilliant book.

SHORTLISTED FOR THE WILLIAM HILL SPORTS BOOK OF THE YEAR 2017.
Thanks mate. I have downloaded that to start listening to first for the suggestions on here.

Last edited:
Expected Goals by Rory Smith is decent. He's a very good writer. It's not as nerdy as it sounds and is all about maths, it's more the story of how a few people from non-footballing backgrounds all helped shift the game to the point we are today. I guess it's a modern history of the game if you're into that sort of thing.

Back