Footballer apologises for painting himself black for Christmas party

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's lucky lucky the police didn't check his back pocket and find a chunk of cannabis (only for sale after 11pm)

Honest question.
Why would painting yourself black to look like a black person be considered racist?

Would talking in German accent to appear German be wrong?
Would shaving your hair off to look bald be wrong?
Would a bloke wearing a dress and feminine cloths to look like a female be wrong

I'm hoping there's more to the story (no I've not read it) that makes this actually racist.

Honest question.
Why would painting yourself black to look like a black person be considered racist?

Would a bloke wearing a dress and feminine cloths to look like a female be wrong

I'm hoping there's more to the story (no I've not read it) that makes this actually racist.
Dunno mate. Might have something to do with slavery and minstrels and stuff like that I guess.

Context is everything. Dress as German in an SS nazi uniform and I think it'd be seen as pretty offensive by most Germans. Dress in a lederhosen and it wouldn't be.

To be honest given the history of white people dressing up black in the context of them being racially inferior I think it's pretty obvious why it might be seen as offensive.

I honestly don't have an issue with blackface, why shouldn't you be allowed to dress up as bob Marley etc if you're white.

But to dress up as a looky looky man christ sake that's pushing it. As it's arguably a racial stereotype.

Honest question.

Does he have any black team mates? Were they offended?

In fact if a black team mate born in Manchester had dressed up as lookie lookie man would that have been seen a rascist too?

Stephen Fletcher went to our squads Christmas party dressed as cool running as few year ago. He was blacked reet up. Good effort.
His most positive contribution to his time here for youn Steve as a huge bellend on the board likes to call him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back