Football manager finally allowing you to manage

No need. Won't be buying 😂

Bet people are looking forward to using their £1.79 transfer budgets.

Being serious though, this is a bad move. I give it 6 months before some fruit loop claims the womens stats are sexist and tries to sue Sports Interactive.

Last edited:
If womens football doesn't catch on they've knackered themselves. They wouldn't dare remove the women from the game... but won't want to spend the resources in keeping the database up to date.

If it becomes big they've backed a winner

Women's football will become as big as men's synchronised swimming.
Just got back from watching my daughter play tonight, she got flattened by a burly center forward who got a second yellow for the foul.
Cracking game of football watching; two teams giving 100% trying to win the game.
Clearly a different game from men's footy, but I'm unsure why you always appear women's football threads on this message board trashing women's football, almost as if you're insecure or something.
Its as if you don't think female's have the right to play football.

Long as you can just select databases you want then should still run fast enough. Low spec laptops always struggled if too many countries leagues/players selected.

In truth I dont play it now as its shit.

Long as you can just select databases you want then should still run fast enough. Low spec laptops always struggled if too many countries leagues/players selected.

In truth I dont play it now as its shit.

Its class. Love fm me.

Its not really a massive project for them to take on, they just need folk to watch the game and report. There'll need a few more folk to sense check and research but thats about it.

Its class. Love fm me.

Its not really a massive project for them to take on, they just need folk to watch the game and report. There'll need a few more folk to sense check and research but thats about it.
I used to but some of the scores 2 years ago were mental. Started unemployed and was took on by wolves in prem when they were 3rd off bottom around November. By end of season I was trouncing teams and won UEFA cup and finished 3rd. Beat mags 7 3 in last game I played.

Could say I went out happy :)

I used to but some of the scores 2 years ago were mental. Started unemployed and was took on by wolves in prem when they were 3rd off bottom around November. By end of season I was trouncing teams and won UEFA cup and finished 3rd. Beat mags 7 3 in last game I played.

Could say I went out happy :)

Quite the result, some tactics melt the match engine but if you stay away from them a decent level of difficulty is involved, more so away from the premiership.

Its class. Love fm me.

The interesting thing will be how they match the two "games". For example, if you win loads of things with Sunderland ladies, what jobs will you be offered at other clubs? Would you be considered for Barcelona men as a successful manager? Or would they reflect that the women's game has a lesser profile and that you'd likely be offered another women's team or lower league men's team?

The interesting thing will be how they match the two "games". For example, if you win loads of things with Sunderland ladies, what jobs will you be offered at other clubs? Would you be considered for Barcelona men as a successful manager? Or would they reflect that the women's game has a lesser profile and that you'd likely be offered another women's team or lower league men's team?
That's a good point and will be an interesting balance.

I don't think we should expect an explosion of managers from the women's game within the male top leagues, but it will surely mean more towards the lower ends.

I forget the female manager from this year's edition that was usually linked with some decent jobs, seldom got them though.

I think it's a class move. It won't impact the game as we play it as you won't need to select it if you don't want to (much like say the Indonesian leagues now).

It's just adding more depth and a unique new challenge, plus they'll still get the sales they always do plus maybe a few more.

Reaction on Twitter is an eye opener like :eek: or actually, it's probably not as sad as that may be. Lot of men out there hate women!

That's a good point and will be an interesting balance.

I don't think we should expect an explosion of managers from the women's game within the male top leagues, but it will surely mean more towards the lower ends.

I forget the female manager from this year's edition that was usually linked with some decent jobs, seldom got them though.

There's also an issue of how the stats vs prices for players will match up. If they are being realistic, two identically skilled players will presumably not have identical prices if one is male and one is female.

The female will have to be cheaper to sign if its going to be realistic, and the female teams will need smaller budgets, especially at small clubs.

It's going to be very interesting how they bring the two games together

There's also an issue of how the stats vs prices for players will match up. If they are being realistic, two identically skilled players will presumably not have identical prices if one is male and one is female.

The female will have to be cheaper to sign if its going to be realistic, and the female teams will need smaller budgets, especially at small clubs.

Think the blog kind of alludes to that. It'll be a totally different world, but within the same game. I'm really interested in seeing how it plays out.

I'd definitely give it a go like. Start off with Sunderland Ladies and see where I can go from there. Can't be much different to when I took Sunderland RCA into the Championship :eek:

It's all very simple.
The competitions and clubs have "reputation" values. This is set for every league, Cup, team and even player.

They'll simply give these women's leagues the rating they think they deserve, and the game does the rest already.

Maybe an extra modifier for " women" as well if it doesn't work already.
Caveat, I hand no idea how contracts and transfers work in the women's game. But SI have made every other league around the world work so far. And the engine even allows you to go down to level 20 of the English pyramid.

Back