Food in Dubrovnik

xmfd

Winger
Going in a few days and been warned about high prices and tourist traps near the main square etc. Are there any hidden gems youve come across?

Not necessarily Old Town but we stayed just outside in Orasac, there was this little family run restaurant inside the grounds of the Radisson Blue where we were staying, we tried it one night and it's honestly one of the best meals i've ever had. They made their own cherry brandy as well which was f***ing lovely.

We ate in many lovely places; quite hard to go wrong, I thought. There was one in particular that we loved but I can't remember the name which is no use to you! I'll ask my mates if they can remember.

Going in a few days and been warned about high prices and tourist traps near the main square etc. Are there any hidden gems youve come across?
I'd stay away from the main square marra.

Seriously though, do folk not use trip advisor?
I love it. I probably get just as much joy from looking and planning all the things to do and places to eat etc as much as the actual holiday!

Outside of the walled bit basically. Cavtat is only a couple of miles away and is a cracking night out. Boat taxis run from Dubrovnik if you want a better ride than by road.
We stayed in Cavtat a couple of years ago. It's a cracking little boat journey across to Dubrovnik. As you say much better than the road. Shame about the bloody aircraft noise though

There's a little vegan restaurant called Nishta and it is outstanding. Their food is so inventive and even our carnivore son loved it. Going on holiday can be about trying new experiences. Surprise yourself with this one:

Ther's a little place selling gyros and burgers in one of the side streets off the main drag. Seemed to be something akin to Greggs on one of the main streets.

If you go into the city walls just go down the side streets, plenty of seafood restaurants there, personally I didnt think it was expensive and it was pretty nice

We stayed inside the walls in a little apartment just off the square, loved it.
Do your site seeing early in the morning and after dark as its quieter then as no tourists about.
Dont remember being ripped off anywhere as such, it was a little more expensive in the cafes overlooking the sea and harbour
Mind we went years ago pre-game of thrones

I'd stay away from the main square marra.

Seriously though, do folk not use trip advisor?
I love it. I probably get just as much joy from looking and planning all the things to do and places to eat etc as much as the actual holiday!
Same here
I love having a browse on Trip Advisor.
I've never been on a package holiday.
I like the DIY approach. - working out best options, for flights, trains, hotels, is something I enjoy doing.

We're staying on the border/ walls of Old Town I think, taxi there tomorrow from Montenegro.

What's it like for a drink? Hoping for small bars on little winding streets like Lisbon rather than posh wine bars etc but don't know if that's the case....

We're staying on the border/ walls of Old Town I think, taxi there tomorrow from Montenegro.

What's it like for a drink? Hoping for small bars on little winding streets like Lisbon rather than posh wine bars etc but don't know if that's the case....

There's a good craft beer bar that sells the local small brewery stuff. Can't remember the name but you'll find it with a Google as it's the only place in the city walls that does that.

The wine bar opposite is good too.

Back