Follow on redundancy questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I lost.

In the response letter (that I had to contact them for several times) there were several inaccuracies and omissions. This has got me more riled than a fair loss and I feel like I have been railroaded. I may have to start tribunal proceedings as this has peed me off so much.

I was warned by HR professionals before hand that the appeal process is a situation where the ref is playing for the other team. They try to ware you down and hope you give up. Even if they act independently the policy they have to follow is written by the trust. From what I understand, it skirts pretty close to the boundaries of the law and maybe crosses it.

I would take an honest loss (flipping used to it with supporting the lads) but I can't get past the feeling that the process has been fudged.

Well, I lost.

In the response letter (that I had to contact them for several times) there were several inaccuracies and omissions. This has got me more riled than a fair loss and I feel like I have been railroaded. I may have to start tribunal proceedings as this has peed me off so much.

I was warned by HR professionals before hand that the appeal process is a situation where the ref is playing for the other team. They try to ware you down and hope you give up. Even if they act independently the policy they have to follow is written by the trust. From what I understand, it skirts pretty close to the boundaries of the law and maybe crosses it.

I would take an honest loss (flipping used to it with supporting the lads) but I can't get past the feeling that the process has been fudged.
Go for it. We'll crowd fund you if you need legal representation.

Can't let the system win against an honest man.

Well, I lost.

Good luck with the tribunal. Usually made up of conservative (with a small c) from experience.

Ha. Whether your tongue is in your cheek or not I wouldn’t allow it. If I do move forward with it I would have to self represent or find a ‘no win no fee’ lawyer. I’ve had the generous offer of help with preparation from a few CIPD professionals from a forum @Goat Eyes put me on to. After the panels reply and it’s inaccuracies It’s become more about point of principle than financial compensation (although I wouldn’t turn any money down). I generally shy away from an argument and often let myself get walked over in order to keep the peace but this one has got my blood up.

Just seen this, I'm in.

So no decision when it was face to face as they needed 'to contact one more party". Was the final decision by letter? If so, cowardly f***ing bastards, I'll sell some bits of me to help get the funds up, they're not in great condition but I'll sell them anyhoo...

Just seen this, I'm in.

So no decision when it was face to face as they needed 'to contact one more party". Was the final decision by letter? If so, cowardly f***ing bastards, I'll sell some bits of me to help get the funds up, they're not in great condition but I'll sell them anyhoo...
I was warned that this may be their MO.

Keep your body parts marra. One of the reasons I wanted to avoid the SAE offered was I want to avoid those patients at risk of losing body parts.

Sounds like you have experience of similar.

I was warned that this may be their MO.

Keep your body parts marra. One of the reasons I wanted to avoid the SAE offered was I want to avoid those patients at risk of losing body parts.

Sounds like you have experience of similar.

Alright will do but let me know - think one kidney is ok

Well, I lost.

Do it. They are taking the piss imo

I was made redundant after turning down a job my employer deemed ‘suitable’. It wasn’t. They thought it was suitable because it was work I did 30 years prior! They knew it wasn’t really, but had to try. It was also a big demotion and was shift work. I got my redundancy payment.

Go for the appeal, you’ve little to lose.

I was made redundant after turning down a job my employer deemed ‘suitable’. It wasn’t. They thought it was suitable because it was work I did 30 years prior! They knew it wasn’t really, but had to try. It was also a big demotion and was shift work. I got my redundancy payment.

Go for the appeal, you’ve little to lose.
I just lost at appeal although I think they have been dishonest with it. Next stop tribunal.

My dads had Pretty much the same carry on with his nhs employer. Just waiting for his appeal :evil:
Wish him luck but the cards seem to be loaded in the employers favour.

I think the internal appeal process should be viewed as part of a longer process. I’ve just registered with the ACAS early consilliation process which is the step before full blown tribunal.

Well, I lost.

Best go for a no win no fee lawyer. If they won't touch it you have no chance, if there is the remotest chance of getting a settlement (I don't think tribunal success is likely) they will go for it. Getting something (even if there are fees) is better than nothing.

Wish him luck but the cards seem to be loaded in the employers favour.

I think the internal appeal process should be viewed as part of a longer process. I’ve just registered with the ACAS early consilliation process which is the step before full blown tribunal.

Well done in following a process, 2 of my mates won cases 1 with union support 1 without. Both being stuffed by a company treating it's staff like crap.

Staff are a companies best asset but lots of HR and senior management are not fully aware of this or ignore it. They may set the direction of travel, but the employees provide the skill and the work to drive the business to end result.

Seems.like you had a bad batch if bosses there blindly following their trusts line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back