Flowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

What A Waster

Striker
Lost Magpie
Why are they still a thing?
Oh somebody has died? Have some flowers.
Mother's Day? Have some flowers.
Birthday? Have some flowers
Valentine's Day? Get the flowers out.
What's it all about?
Why is it so expensive when a packet of seeds is about 50p?
Proper waste of time IMO. Why do people like getting them?
I don't understand it so please enlighten me flower lovers.
I hate buying flowers, feel like I'm being totally ripped off even if I'm getting them at Aldi.

Why are they still a thing?
Oh somebody has died? Have some flowers.
Mother's Day? Have some flowers.
Birthday? Have some flowers
Valentine's Day? Get the flowers out.
What's it all about?
Why is it so expensive when a packet of seeds is about 50p?
Proper waste of time IMO. Why do people like getting them?
I don't understand it so please enlighten me flower lovers.
I hate buying flowers, feel like I'm being totally ripped off even if I'm getting them at Aldi.
You support sunderland and you think flower sellers are rippin you off!

I buy them through the year, look good in the gaff.

I understand that a bit. I think they look alright as a decorative thing. Don't think they offer good value though. We've got plenty fake ones around that look canny.
My problem is more the custom of giving and receiving them.

As an aside, a checkout assistant at Aldi in Seaham said this fella comes in every day, buys stacks of flowers and sells them in his local shop (presumably with plenty of mark up). Cheeky fucker.

I just love flowers! I like their natural beauty and they engage my senses and make me feel good when I look at them. It's like an emotional thing too, especially if it's a bloke buying them and you keep looking at them and thinking of him and feeling all fluttery inside.

I understand that a bit. I think they look alright as a decorative thing. Don't think they offer good value though. We've got plenty fake ones around that look canny.
My problem is more the custom of giving and receiving them.

I'm with you on the latter part, to a degree, but then if we agree they look good as a decorative then others will like them at least for that reason too.

I just love flowers! I like their natural beauty and they engage my senses and make me feel good when I look at them. It's like an
emotional thing too, especially if it's a bloke buying them and you keep looking at them and thinking of him and feeling all fluttery inside.

I knew you had to have at least a tiny bit of woman mentalist about you, just took much much longer to reveal it.

I never understand the point of splashing out loads on them either.
All they are, are rotting dismembered plant genitals. Rather buy something more functional

I just love flowers! I like their natural beauty and they engage my senses and make me feel good when I look at them. It's like an emotional thing too, especially if it's a bloke buying them and you keep looking at them and thinking of him and feeling all fluttery inside.

What if he got you a yankee candle? That's another thing now to clutter up mantlepieces isn't it?
Does anybody buy ornaments any more?

I never understand the point of splashing out loads on them either.
All they are, are rotting dismembered plant genitals. Rather buy something more functional

Many blokes pay more money to stick their dicks in women who have similar genitals.

Flowers are brilliant, especially scented ones, although I find the smell of lillies overpowering. Sweetpeas and cornflowers are my absolute favourites, although I can't seem to grow sweetpeas in this house which is infuriating. Roses remind me of Dad as he grew them, and snowdrops of Mam as she planted loads.

Why would anyone want fake flowers - or Yankee candles which make me feel sick.

Flowers are brilliant, especially scented ones, although I find the smell of lillies overpowering. Sweetpeas and cornflowers are my absolute favourites, although I can't seem to grow sweetpeas in this house which is infuriating. Roses remind me of Dad as he grew them, and snowdrops of Mam as she planted loads.

So in the garden, nothing wrong with that.
Splashing out £20 in a florist, then 5 days later they're dead. Complete waste of money

Splashing out twenty quid on a bottle of wine....

Don't drink wine generally. If I do, It's usually something I've made myself.
If I did buy some I wouldn't pay more than a fiver.

But at least you've consumed something.
Flowers, you've looked at them for a few days. Utter waste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back