Flintoffs top gear accident

I'm saying it doesn't cut it with me. Especially given the guy has wrote books about his life, he's open then when he wants the dollar. Plus the various rumours about the lawsuit. Personally I'm not interested in his affairs, their is no sense of entitlement in me wanting to know, I don't even want to know.

These celebrities are happy to take the dollar and put themselves on stage and in the limelight when they wish
the irony for schumacher was that he'd retired from that world of danger where his peers were killed doing what he excelled at - to be struck down in retirement seems somewhat harder.

It looks like he's had extensive plastic/ reconstructive surgery and it's still ongoing or at least has been until recently.

Absolutely mad going out on a race track in an open bodied three wheeler like, it must have been horrific, with his head/face scraping along the ground.
B b c covering stuff up?? I don't believe it for one second.

Now then now then, there's no need for that.

Last edited:
I heard the BBC didn't have an ambulance on site / standby and he had to wait to be airlifted to hospital. On top of that he wasn't wearing a helmet (again not sure if that's true or not) but I'm wondering if he's preparing to take legal action against the beeb?

It’s a stupid programme and should have been stopped years ago before something like this happened. Did they not learn from Richard Hammond’s crash ?

Doesn’t Hammond still have memory lapses and other effects of that crash?

Have to say I haven’t seen much made of what happened to Flintoff to be fair.

So what's the actual craic? That's a big pay out.
Looks like for loss of earnings, don't see anything as accepting HSE was negligent, the piece actually said the investigation is done, no further investigations needed from the main HSE body. BBC getting a 3rd Party in to rake over the coals, but reckon the deal was done, loss of earnings, promised future work down the line, no admission of guilt in regards safety, no further come backs for the BBC.

I heard the BBC didn't have an ambulance on site / standby and he had to wait to be airlifted to hospital. On top of that he wasn't wearing a helmet (again not sure if that's true or not) but I'm wondering if he's preparing to take legal action against the beeb?
They've said he was wearing an open face helmet. Most likely the damage was caused with his face hitting the steering wheel.

The original news article immediately after the accident said it wasn't of a high speed nature. However, it's essentially an open-wheeled car so clearly a different outcome can be expected if you crash one of those at 50mph when compared to a conventional car.

Back