Flintoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

hutch

Striker
Just seen a piece on SSN. Fuck me, he looks half the man he was when he was playing cricket. His nose looks well bust already. I hope he doesnt make an arse of himself tonight but I have a feeling he will

Last edited:

I thought his nose looked busted as well. Glad i wasn't the only one to notice that. Thought this was meant to be a real challange, granted it's his first fight but he's got a massive height difference and the other guy hardly looks in shape. :confused::neutral:

I thought his nose looked busted as well. Glad i wasn't the only one to notice that. Thought this was meant to be a real challange, granted it's his first fight but he's got a massive height difference and the other guy hardly looks in shape. :confused::neutral:

The other lad hasn't been taken beyond 5 rounds and is unbeaten. Won in 19 seconds in his first fight iirc.

Sometimes TV should just cut to the adverts.

As a personal achievement," Flintoff says, "this tops the lot."

Embarassing twat.

Last edited:
Indeed.

Had the attributes to be one of the greatest imo but did not fulfill that.

why did he not work as hard to keep himself in shape for his cricket? :lol:

Because he could get away with not having to.

Embarassing twat.

Certainly not taking 5fer against the Aussies at Lords on effectively one leg

Fair to say the fight was fixed imo, other bloke threw one decent punch and dropped Flintoff then backed off for rest of fight. The knockdown was certainly not in the script

Also the knockdown round should have been scored 10-8 yet Flintoff still ended up with 39 points:confused:

Fair to say the fight was fixed imo, other bloke threw one decent punch and dropped Flintoff then backed off for rest of fight. The knockdown was certainly not in the script

Also the knockdown round should have been scored 10-8 yet Flintoff still ended up with 39 points:confused:

A knockdown isn't a guaranteed 10-8. Plus in fairness, he did fuck all else in that round. Or any round for that matter. Awful fight, Flintoff possibly deserved it because he was the only one trying to box.

Flintoff punches like a girl.

Embarassing twat.

cricket is a team game though, boxing is far more of a solo effort so i can sort of see his point.

plus he could hardly say 'yeah it was alright but i'd rather still be playing cricket' could he?

Why all the player hating lads?

Good luck to Flintoff.

No hating. Simple facts are he had the talent to bowl 90mph+ and smack a ball out of the park, he could and should have been an all-time great, but pissed it away (to some extent). Now that he's offered a wad of cash to make a reality show about boxing he suddenly gets himself super-fit. Waste.

No hating. Simple facts are he had the talent to bowl 90mph+ and smack a ball out of the park, he could and should have been an all-time great, but pissed it away (to some extent). Now that he's offered a wad of cash to make a reality show about boxing he suddenly gets himself super-fit. Waste.

This.

Flintoff is a top bloke but his commitment to improving the longevity of his game was obvious when he suddenly lost all that weight just to take part in a two-bit boxing match :confused:

Fair enough. I just see a lad who's trying to earn some corn after his cricket career has come to an end. Seems a down to earth lad.

This.

Flintoff is a top bloke but his commitment to improving the longevity of his game was obvious when he suddenly lost all that weight just to take part in a two-bit boxing match :confused:

Totally different physique required. Flintoff was very conditioned towards the end of his test career but his knee just couldn't take it. I'm sure he didn't do his body any favours playing through in the 2009 Ashes but he did it for the team.

Totally different physique required. Flintoff was very conditioned towards the end of his test career but his knee just couldn't take it. I'm sure he didn't do his body any favours playing through in the 2009 Ashes but he did it for the team.

fair enough, but Bob Willis managed it

A case could be made that Bob Willis was the most courageous fast bowler who ever played for England. After operations on both knees in 1975, when he was 26, he seldom bowled without pain, and at one stage had to run five miles a day to build the strength to play at all. Yet through sheer willpower he sustained his career for nine more years

Overweight for the most part of his career screwed his back and knees, by the time he realised it was too late. Of course there's no guarantee that his body would have stood up to a career as a fast bowler, but he pretty much made it impossible.

I've got no problem at all with his telly work (and that's all it is, it wasn't a boxing match), but his averages are shocking for his talent.

Overweight for the most part of his career screwed his back and knees, by the time he realised it was too late. Of course there's no guarantee that his body would have stood up to a career as a fast bowler, but he pretty much made it impossible.

I've got no problem at all with his telly work (and that's all it is, it wasn't a boxing match), but his averages are shocking for his talent.

just recapping after reading this and only 11 5 fers in his entire career :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back