Flash gun for a 40D

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cartman

I am considering getting a flash gun for my Canon 40D, ideally I would like to be able to use if off the camera. I have looked at the Canon ones plus the wireless trigger and they work out quite expensive.

Can anyone offer advice in this area please

Buy yourself a Canon 430EX off ebay (not sure of the prices nowadays) and a wireless trigger from Hong Kong (also off ebay) for a tenner

that's the one I have been looking at, they are about £190 new but there a few used ones for around £100,

Cheers mate

that's the one I have been looking at, they are about £190 new but there a few used ones for around £100,

Cheers mate

Does anyone know the difference between the 430 and the 430 mark 2?

Try one of these by YONGNUO

There is a slightly better model that will also allow you to use eTTL (the auto exposure setting). They all get good reviews.

I've just ordered one, but I already have a 430ex. Plus the YONGNUO triggers are meant to be good as well (just also ordered)

There is a slightly better model that will also allow you to use eTTL (the auto exposure setting). They all get good reviews.

I've just ordered one, but I already have a 430ex. Plus the YONGNUO triggers are meant to be good as well (just also ordered)

That's bloody cheap mate, let me know how you get on with it and I may be tempted

Which model allows the eTTL usage mate

This one: http://speedlights.net/2010/10/10/yongnuo-yn468-review-conclusion/

Quite a nice review......also check out the strobist discussion on flickr

I'll report back on performance when I get it; having said that, it could be after xmas when I get chance to have a proper test

I ordered one last night mate, had a good read of loads of reviews and the 468 comes across really well. Bought a 3.6m eTTL cable too, it's gonna be a long 2 weeks waiting for it

let me know how it goes! I got mine quickly......less than 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back