Fishing

Did you know that Swindon Town is the only English football club in all 4 leagues without one letter in its name out of the fishes name - Mackerel.

There you go.

Brighton of you to spot that.

Also did you know that Swindon Town is the only football club to be (almost) a perfect anagram of Snot Window? Soz 😛

Last edited:
A mate told me that the reason you struggle to catch Cod off the pier or from a boat is that the Cod are at the bottom and the mackerel are in the middle and they eat your bait before it reaches the bottom m..any truth in this.

A mate told me that the reason you struggle to catch Cod off the pier or from a boat is that the Cod are at the bottom and the mackerel are in the middle and they eat your bait before it reaches the bottom m..any truth in this.

Possibly from a boat, but only if you're attempting to fish through a shoal of mackerel. I think catching a mackerel on bottom fishing gear from the shore would be a total fluke. Think I've probably seen it once or twice in my life and that would be down to the mackerel catching a glint of the hook on the way down.

You must be mistaken: I was tucked up, fast asleep in bed mate. It must be about 35 years since I last fished from a boat.

I'll be checking my gear out this morning though, and ensuring I've got plenty of sets of daylights ready for the mayhem.
Barbaric behaviour.

Back