Firsts for SMBers in 2018

• Thread starter Deleted member 5265
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I think this is probably as good a thread as any.

In April, I'm going to become a Dad for the first time :D
Sunderland baby grow has been purchased. I'm going to pass on this rollercoaster of emotions to the next generation!
Congratulations :cool:

You'll be getting a different kind of Nestle fist changing all them nappies!

The thread for us all to post when we’ve done something, seen something or been somewhere for the first time ever in 2018.

I’ll go first. Yesterday I saw a kingfisher in the flesh (feather?) for the first time. Really striking - flash of extremely vivid blue.

Started my new job officially. Might well be the last job I do for the next ten years to retirement as there's nowhere really to go above that, unless something goes wrong, or things outside the day job go very right, which is a weird thought as I feel about 14 still.

Started my new job officially. Might well be the last job I do for the next ten years to retirement as there's nowhere really to go above that, unless something goes wrong, or things outside the day job go very right, which is a weird thought as I feel about 14 still.
I reckon this will be my last one of any significance as well. Fingers crossed it works out well for you.

Congratulations :cool:

You'll be getting a different kind of Nestle fist changing all them nappies!

Thanks!
I've been warned the first one has the power to make people pass out and vomit at the same time.
That's the standard I aim for.

Congratulations!

Mind, do have to warn you: kids are mental. Is like sharing your house with dwarves on a meth binge.

But what a weekend that was...

First game of football this year.
Shooting left a bit to be desired.

Well I think this is probably as good a thread as any.

In April, I'm going to become a Dad for the first time :D
Sunderland baby grow has been purchased. I'm going to pass on this rollercoaster of emotions to the next generation!
Well done! I think I probably mean congratulations. Anyway, we await news of the baby's name with great interest - Chardonnay Blu for a girl and North by North West for a boy would be my guesses. :lol::lol:

I'm changing underpants
:mad: What to - silk shorts? :lol:

Last edited:
Well done! I think I probably mean congratulations. Anyway, we await news of the baby's name with great interest - Chardonnay Blu for a girl and North by North West for a boy would be my guesses. :lol::lol:

:mad: What to - silk shorts? :lol:
On bank holidays only. I have a collection of 7 different coloured Y fronts for daily wear.

Tomorrow's are red obvs

Y fronts. :lol:
Last time I saw a pair of them was when I inadvertently walked in on the technician at work getting changed. His were grey. So was my face. :eek::lol:
Just jesting. I was on bus to hetton once and saw a washing line of seven pairs of Ys . Wondered what they wore on wash day?

Played my first ever game on an iPad: Football Manager 18.
SAFC are romping the championship and I’ve no idea wtf I’m doing. Grabban has scored 34 already and it’s only mid January 2018! I’m toying with the idea of catching up for a few days until it’s in sync then playing day by day in real time if you know what I mean. One day in the game played on the corresponding day in real life.
You just know Bournemouth won’t sell him to me and we’ll struggle next season without him if we go up and I’ll get sacked or they’ll recall him in this transfer window or he’ll get injured next game or summit.............it’s the safc way.

I bought a coat from Greenwoods. f***ing Greenwoods man. It just jumped out at me shouting I'm warm, cheap and sensible. I only went in looking for dress strides for a christening for fucks sake..

Nooooooooooooo..

If my life was a flight, the captain would be turning the no smoking signs on and throttling back in preparation for landing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back