First visit to the Riverside

This is a big omission in my sporting experience.

Love cricket but have only ever seen a first class game at the Riverside. Been there loads of times but really need to try and get to some of the other major venues up and down the country but it just never semms to happen.
A night t20 at the riverside is a very pleasant experience, which I’m sure you would enjoy.

Under 19s free next Friday for the first one

Love cricket but have only ever seen a first class game at the Riverside. Been there loads of times but really need to try and get to some of the other major venues up and down the country but it just never semms to happen.
Back in the day (waaay back in the day!....late 70’s - early 80’s) I saw 2 Saturday test days at Headingley v Australia and Windies and one at Trent Bridge v New Zealand
Still have memories of seeing Willis steaming in....Botham....Lamb....Randall......Thompson....Marshall, Holding, Garner, Croft, Viv Richards, Alvin Kallicharran, Gordon Greenidge.....Hadlee playing at his Notts home ground.
Fantastic...but things have changed so much now that I really need to do a match at Lords, Oval, Old Trafford or Edgbaston.
Like yourself, been meaning to do it, but never seem to....

I do them home & abroad! Been to some great places.

Edgbaston is a favourite of mine. I don't mind the Rosebowl but I'm loathe to go there cos I don't want to give money to Bransgrove. Lords, looks lovely and great history but a bit sterile. Oval's not bad.

I’d massively recommend Trent Bridge and you’ll likely get that opportunity next year :)

Been to a few T20's mate. What I meant was I have only seen first class games at Durham.
I’ve been to the riverside more than the last five seasons for safc. Even in defeat, I get enjoyment of seeing top class players on the field from both sides over the years.

One fav is Alex hales who I remind of his Indian rope trick catch off benks every year. He plays along and has signed stuff for me

Back