Finally!

Because we have the same players in the league games and they have just been battered by a team in the league below us
Yeah but we weren't trying cos we think this cup stinks of poo!

I am sure the team of talents will go unbeaten till the end of the season to send us up as champions of league one. :/

We played well against Tranmere yes but we lost to Shrewsbury, lost to Wycombe (both games without scoring) and scraped past Southend 1-0 at home, they subsequently went on to concede 4 at Portsmouth and they lost at Dover in the FA cup. We are a mess at the moment, the recruitment is killing us. We’ve had 4 away games under Parkinson league and cup, we’ve lost 3, drew 1 and scored 1 goal in the process.

We played well against Tranmere yes but we lost to Shrewsbury, lost to Wycombe (both games without scoring) and scraped past Southend 1-0 at home, they subsequently went on to concede 4 at Portsmouth and they lost at Dover in the FA cup. We are a mess at the moment, the recruitment is killing us. We’ve had 4 away games under Parkinson league and cup, we’ve lost 3, drew 1 and scored 1 goal in the process.
IMO Ross would've got 5 points at best from those 4 games scrapping a win and two draws, Parkinson got 6 (we deserved to win the Shrewsbury game and it came after a 5-0 win).
I didn't want Parkinson in the first place, but I need to see at least 10 league games to judge him. Like I said, I'm glad we don't have so many cup games in the way now. They are useless and mean nothing, we were winning against PL clubs while being embarrassed in League One under Ross.

I'm not expecting miracles for him. Ross had 1 year and a half and failed.
Parkinson has 2 wins and 2 losses (1 against the league leaders). Not that great, but I can wait a few more games to judge him.
Until then I'm relieved we don't have these cup games to worry about.
Good to have someone trying to look on the bright side amid this relentless tide of negativity and depression. You might have made a good point there.

Back