Final Fantasy 14

coyneeee

Winger
Just a heads up FF14 is going 95% single-player from the update in October. Literally everything except the 8-man Eikon fights can be done with AI controlled party members.
And they're expanding the free trial to include the 2nd expansion so it's about 300 hours worth of story completely free. The only thing you're pretty much restricted to is how much gil you can collect.

The very addictive Gold Saucer is getting an update to include tracks from Fall Guys (weird collab I know) so that and Triple Triad will probably take up another 300 hours of your life.

In terms of what the game is like nowadays they're sticking with the same formula what they did in the latest Expansion where it's more of a story game than an MMO. Alot of groans from the hardcore FF14 fans (including myself) but I know there's alot of anxiety about the game the fact they struggle to play an MMO.

Personal opinion is that I'm gutted they're moving away from the MMO elements of the game, it's what I thought made the latest expansion a failure. The story is absolutely amazing, it's absolutely rich in references from previous FF's, the latest expansion is basically a massive boner over FF4 and FF6 but it's like once you're done, you don't really have a reason to stay subscribed. Shadowbringers expansion is probably the best RPG of all time so to go from 1 extreme to the other is a joykill.

If you start in October it gives you about 10 months to complete the game before the next Expansion comes out, again the story I'm looking forward to but not so much finishing it and having nothing to do.. This one has a very latin America theme to it, I did laugh when they showed screenshots of the Al Bhed from FFX included however.

Xbox version comes out in January I believe?

Back