Film

Status
Not open for further replies.

Took the plunge and got an M8. Putting the M6 on eBay this weekend I think.

First impressions;
- It's a beautiful, beautiful bit of kit
- Not as 'special' as the M6, or the IIIf. For instance, the trademark 'swoosh' of the cloth shutter is replaced by a fairly nasty sounding whirr of the motor recocking the shutter. I'll miss that sound.
- It's fairly basic for a digital camera, no aids or gadgets, just as you'd expect from a Leica.
- Out of habit I use it as I would a film camera; slow, deliberate composition and no looking at the LCD between shots.
- There's something fantastic about doing the above but being able to see the results without having to wait weeks. The novelty will wear off, I suppose.
- Images from it look like scanned Leica negs. Same 'timelessness' about them, can't put my finger on what it is.

Going to miss film, no question, but think I made the right move for my needs.

Took the plunge and got an M8. Putting the M6 on eBay this weekend I think.

First impressions;
- It's a beautiful, beautiful bit of kit
- Not as 'special' as the M6, or the IIIf. For instance, the trademark 'swoosh' of the cloth shutter is replaced by a fairly nasty sounding whirr of the motor recocking the shutter. I'll miss that sound.
- It's fairly basic for a digital camera, no aids or gadgets, just as you'd expect from a Leica.
- Out of habit I use it as I would a film camera; slow, deliberate composition and no looking at the LCD between shots.
- There's something fantastic about doing the above but being able to see the results without having to wait weeks. The novelty will wear off, I suppose.
- Images from it look like scanned Leica negs. Same 'timelessness' about them, can't put my finger on what it is.

Going to miss film, no question, but think I made the right move for my needs.

You'll be back ;). The M8 does sound nice mind. One day I may follow you to the dark side, but I can't see me getting rid of all my film stuff either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back