FFXVI

Shieldsman

Striker
I’m coming from a background of never having played a FF game before.

I saw the demo for this on the PS store tonight so I thought I’d give it a go.

It’s absolutely excellent! So good that I played the demo through to completion and have pre-ordered the game.

Strongly recommend it if you like games with a decent story line. Reminded me of a cross between The Witcher and Devil May Cry.

I’m now thinking I’ve missed out on a whole genre of games - any other FF must plays? Obviously, any will need to go on hold till after FFXVI.

Already a thread on here.

Already a thread on here.

Ah, didn’t see it. Thought there might be for such a high profile release. Cheers.

I’m coming from a background of never having played a FF game before.

I saw the demo for this on the PS store tonight so I thought I’d give it a go.

It’s absolutely excellent! So good that I played the demo through to completion and have pre-ordered the game.

Strongly recommend it if you like games with a decent story line. Reminded me of a cross between The Witcher and Devil May Cry.

I’m now thinking I’ve missed out on a whole genre of games - any other FF must plays? Obviously, any will need to go on hold till after FFXVI.
I think that if you like XVI then its not a great indicator you'd like the other games to be honest. The traditional final fantasy games were turn-based and didnt have mass appeal. The story telling was great though, albeit far less swearing and gore like there is in XVI. If you liked the combat style then you might enjoy the FFVII remake. FFVII is one of the best in the series (if not the best) and although they changed a fair amount in remake its the first time they managed to handle action combat successfully after failing for a lot of years. The remake is only the first part of the original though and the full remake is being split across three games, the second of which is released next year.

Back