FFS

When all this is over we should have an SMB positive XI vs negative XI...

It could get tasty.

I'll pencil it in for March 2042.
Do you mean in terms of their outlook or their viral status?
I'm really f***ing struggling with work here when the kids are home. House is half out of action due to renovations and will be for at least another 8 weeks. Got a new project starting which is really massive, complicated and contentious. I need loads of meetings and quiet time to work stuff out. But there's only one spot suitable for working at and I'm there and the kids. Even when the 1st part of the reno is done and I get the upstairs back it'll help but not be ideal.
I'd love to be able to get out now and again to a restaurant or a drive/walk out but I can take not being able to do that. I just hate struggling in my work. Which I am.

The thought of this shite going on beyond the end of march is seriously depressing. I know folk are dying and there's people in worse situations than me but your own problems get you down.
This was me last year mate albeit without kids just dogs that were determined to savage the workmen or kill themselves by eating screws, nails and plasterboard that didn’t get cleaned up. We caught the virus in the middle of the work as well which meant everything ground to a halt for two weeks. Absolutely shite.

Last edited:
I'm guessing you're an accountant?

You are simply throwing numbers out there and not taking into account any problems which may come up along the way such as production or logistical problems, vaccine not being effective in some people, the wait between doses.

It's positive that there are vaccines and people are finally getting them but putting time frames on getting back to normal so soon is not a good idea as if it backfires, it'll have an effect on your mental health.

We just have to take each day as it comes and not look too far ahead and remember that the virus is still heavily around us and people both young and old who seemingly have no underlying health conditions are passing away within days of testing positive.

No but I reckon I'd do a smashing job as one
There will be problems, but I've factored that in by reducing the virus roll out figure to 250k per day average.

There will be some who have an issue with the vaccine, but we only need 60% with anti-bodies.

What's not good for mental health is people saying it'll be shit all year. It won't.

There will be problems, but I've factored that in by reducing the virus roll out figure to 250k per day average.

There will be some who have an issue with the vaccine, but we only need 60% with anti-bodies.

What's not good for mental health is people saying it'll be shit all year. It won't.

Didn't say it'll be shit but it won't be the normal life that people are hoping for and expecting.

Do you mean in terms of their outlook or their viral status?

This was me last year mate albeit without kids just dogs that were determined to savage the workmen or kill themselves by eating screws, nails and plasterboard that didn’t get cleaned up. We caught the virus in the middle of the work as well which meant everything ground to a halt for two weeks. Absolutely shite.
Got one of them anarl! But he's tiny and can't get up the stairs so we're Ok on that front.

I'm really f***ing struggling with work here when the kids are home. House is half out of action due to renovations and will be for at least another 8 weeks. Got a new project starting which is really massive, complicated and contentious. I need loads of meetings and quiet time to work stuff out. But there's only one spot suitable for working at and I'm there and the kids. Even when the 1st part of the reno is done and I get the upstairs back it'll help but not be ideal.
I'd love to be able to get out now and again to a restaurant or a drive/walk out but I can take not being able to do that. I just hate struggling in my work. Which I am.

The thought of this shite going on beyond the end of march is seriously depressing. I know folk are dying and there's people in worse situations than me but your own problems get you down.

i’ve been home working since last March, and its shit. Got same problem now with me & 2 kids doing home schooling. Its hard work, i hate it

Getting a bit bored with people coming out and saying there are those who shut down anything positive.

We had people saying on here a month or two back that everywhere would be in tier 2 by Feb and possibly back to normal in March. It’s time to realise that you’re being deluded and unrealistic, not positive. So when people are disagreeing with it they aren’t shutting you down, they’re bringing you back down to earth.

We understand that you’re sick of restrictions, we all are, however that doesn’t mean I’m going to start to think that this is going to be all sorted sooner than it likely will be.

Nah too optimistic mate and I’m trying to be optimistic 😀. Great Friday will be back end of the summer IMO . I’m expecting to move down a tier maybe end of March
If I could get back to Tier 2 I'd take it as a win! If we see a road map from government it will be sooner than you think. Obviously won't happen in reality.

i'd welcome going back into tiers at the beginning of march, even though going from Lockdown to Tier 4 to Tier 3 means practically fuck all difference. gyms open, salons open, and meet 2 people outside or something isnt it?

personally, not until i can have 1 or 2 people round the house or sit in a pub with 1 or 2 people will it feel something like going towards normal. as i dont go to gyms or salons

who? other than the usual sensationalised daily rollercoaster in the papers (they need to sell something) i dont think anyone is thinking there'll be 'massive removal of restrictions' . simply being legally allowed to see family and friends will suffice for most

Legally, at least, there's nothing different between Tier 4 and now. The whole country is just in Tier 4 when it comes to the law.

The Tier 4 and lockdowns rules are pretty much the same from a non-legal sense aswell. Surprised it's not mentioned more tbh. The only difference is the way it's being said from the government, it's why there's never a Tier 5 mentioned.

Getting a bit bored with people coming out and saying there are those who shut down anything positive.

We had people saying on here a month or two back that everywhere would be in tier 2 by Feb and possibly back to normal in March. It’s time to realise that you’re being deluded and unrealistic, not positive. So when people are disagreeing with it they aren’t shutting you down, they’re bringing you back down to earth.

We understand that you’re sick of restrictions, we all are, however that doesn’t mean I’m going to start to think that this is going to be all sorted sooner than it likely will be.
I'm one of those accused and have thought about it and decided to ease off as I'm not here to depress folk further who might be struggling for all sorts of reasons. I stand by what I post but I don't need to post it over and over.

I'm one of those accused and have thought about it and decided to ease off as I'm not here to depress folk further who might be struggling for all sorts of reasons. I stand by what I post but I don't need to post it over and over.

I've noticed you making very tentatively positive noises recently on other threads. Don't worry it doesn't undermine your hatred of the tories.

I think what frustrates posters is when they see an absence of certain names reply to positive news links and then they are all overca gloomy one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back