"Fences" - that Denzel Washington fillum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Gardner

Winger
Loved this when it was out in the pictures. Went to see it after all the usual Hollywood hyperbole about Oscars n that. Found it quite emotional with a nice twist at the end.

Anyway, after receiving the disc off Amazon today, I started reading a few reviews to see it my opinion was shared. Well, online reviews (professional and from the pubic) are definitely polarized!

I still think it's a warm, detailed and moralistic tale of brutally honest family life and reflection, regret and redemtpion - superbly acted by both DW and Viola Wills (who well-deserved her Oscar, imho)

For those SMB fillum-lovers that have also seen it, what do YOU think?

Loved this when it was out in the pictures. Went to see it after all the usual Hollywood hyperbole about Oscars n that. Found it quite emotional with a nice twist at the end.

Anyway, after receiving the disc off Amazon today, I started reading a few reviews to see it my opinion was shared. Well, online reviews (professional and from the pubic) are definitely polarized!

I still think it's a warm, detailed and moralistic tale of brutally honest family life and reflection, regret and redemtpion - superbly acted by both DW and Viola Wills (who well-deserved her Oscar, imho)

For those SMB fillum-lovers that have also seen it, what do YOU think?
Davis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back