February 14th live footy on tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morning Hank

Morning Dilly, Becs, Wakey, SFATI, Cloughiewobble, Echoman, Chorley, Musicman, Lonious Monk, Janey, Sismanhatton, AndyGray1985, VicCarlton, MK Mackem, Kingdom Bhoy, Kid Galahad, Chunky Lover53, Tipton Baggie all.

Nothing for me tonight, other than swinging from the chandelier (in my dreams).

Have a good day everyone ๐Ÿ‘
Ow, me owld lance of liverwurst. Rest that abcess, marra.
Morning Hank, morning all

Nowt for me as Mrs will be watching tennis

Happy Valentines everyone, I bought the Mrs a new dishwasher..... nothing says I love you like a domestic kitchen appliance.
How's the eye of the wife of the bishop? Hopefully on the mend.

Before I forget, we watched that film, The Two Popes, on Netflix last week. I didn't really fancy it, but thoroughly enjoyed it. The acting by both Hopkins & Pryce was fust rate & some of the interior shots of the Vatican were simply stunning.

Spoke with my NHL mate yistada. He'd got his scan results, following his aggressive chemotherapy. The good news is that the tumour has shrunk incrementally from melon to tennis ball to conker. The bad news is that it hasn't "switched off". His oncologist told him that they could try to zap it with radiation, but he thinks that's unlikely to do the trick, so he wants to put him forward for CAR-T (chimeric antigen receptor T-cell) therapy, which is cutting edge (only a dozen or so patients in the UK) but costs about ยฃ260k. It's incredibly clever stuff in which (put in layman's terms, for my benefit) they take some T-cells from the patient's blood, then, via witchcraft, genetically manipulate them & return them to the patient, thereby restoring his immune system to something like its original state, before he contracted NHL. The manipulated cells then attack & kill the cancer. I have to say, I think this therapy is astounding. Whether he'll be accepted onto the programme is another matter. His oncologist implied that the decision makers (I'm not sure who they are) might insist that he undergoes radiotherapy first, to see if that works (even though the oncologist thinks it's unlikely to). My mate ticks various boxes (particularly the physical fitness box) but his age might be against him. It's wait & see time, for now. Imagine having to decide who can have such treatment & who can't....

Enjoy the rest of your day. Stay healthy.
As a yoof ( about 14) got a card through the door.

Id just got up & still asleep

mam said get it opened ๐Ÿ‘

so I did & put it on mantelpiece.

Got an ear bashing later from her, I hadnโ€™t clocked what it said ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜„

I love you in white
I love you in red
But most of all darling
I love you in ......

ffs ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Might have been wess still had red come afore white....

Last edited:

Before I forget, we watched that film, The Two Popes, on Netflix last week. I didn't really fancy it, but thoroughly enjoyed it. The acting by both Hopkins & Pryce was fust rate & some of the interior shots of the Vatican were simply stunning.

Spoke with my NHL mate yistada. He'd got his scan results, following his aggressive chemotherapy. The good news is that the tumour has shrunk incrementally from melon to tennis ball to conker. The bad news is that it hasn't "switched off". His oncologist told him that they could try to zap it with radiation, but he thinks that's unlikely to do the trick, so he wants to put him forward for CAR-T (chimeric antigen receptor T-cell) therapy, which is cutting edge (only a dozen or so patients in the UK) but costs about ยฃ260k. It's incredibly clever stuff in which (put in layman's terms, for my benefit) they take some T-cells from the patient's blood, then, via witchcraft, genetically manipulate them & return them to the patient, thereby restoring his immune system to something like its original state, before he contracted NHL. The manipulated cells then attack & kill the cancer. I have to say, I think this therapy is astounding. Whether he'll be accepted onto the programme is another matter. His oncologist implied that the decision makers (I'm not sure who they are) might insist that he undergoes radiotherapy first, to see if that works (even though the oncologist thinks it's unlikely to). My mate ticks various boxes (particularly the physical fitness box) but his age might be against him. It's wait & see time, for now. Imagine having to decide who can have such treatment & who can't....

Afternoon Mr Clough, itโ€™s slowly on the mend thanks, still occasionally gets flickering but now able to drive. No visible shiner either so I donโ€™t get stared at when we are out.

Fingers crossed for your mate getting on the program, absolutely amazing what they are able to do these days. That is exactly the type of thing my eldest wants to study at Uni

She was 17/18, lively, tasty & up for owt
Not sure about that like ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

Afternoon Mr Clough, itโ€™s slowly on the mend thanks, still occasionally gets flickering but now able to drive. No visible shiner either so I donโ€™t get stared at when we are out.

Fingers crossed for your mate getting on the program, absolutely amazing what they are able to do these days. That is exactly the type of thing my eldest wants to study at Uni
What better subject for study? I hope he's able to fulfill his dream.
She was 17/18, lively, tasty & up for owt
Not sure about that like ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฉ
Ha, ha. Nee Una Stubbs, eh?

Morning Hank, Morning All
On a spa weekend with a blonde, so no time for tv footy.
Have a gud un!
Morning Hank, morning all

Nowt for me as Mrs will be watching tennis

Happy Valentines everyone, I bought the Mrs a new dishwasher..... nothing says I love you like a domestic kitchen appliance.
Wife gets nowt as not possible she can be me valentine, im a purist.
Same on mothers day the wife gets nowt from me cos she is not me mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back