Faye Fantarrow

Proceeds from all standard ticket sales AND additional donations will go towards the Fight For Faye fundraising appeal. You can also donate here.
A STAR-studded evening of north east music to raise money for the immensely talented young singer/songwriter Faye Fantarrow, who has been diagnosed with a life-threatening brain tumour. There is no treatment in the UK, and an appeal has been launched to raise £450,000 for Faye to receive pioneering treatment in the US.
Acts already confirmed include Field Music, Frankie & the Heartstrings, Tom A Smith, Reali T, Komparrison, Nadedja, The Pale White – and Faye Fantarrow herself. The artists will perform one of their own numbers and one of Faye’s or a song chosen by Faye, alongside the evening’s house band, the Great Northern All Star Band, which will be packed with local musical talent.
Dave Brewis of Field Music, said: “The evening will be a true coming together of the North East music community in aid of a very special talent. As soon as we heard about Faye’s situation, we started scrabbling around thinking of what we might do to help. We don’t have a ton of money to put in the pot, but we can give our time and we can play some tunes and we can call in every favour we have in our back pockets. Faye needs a chance and if we all work together we can make that happen.”
Frankie Francis, of Frankie & the Heartstrings, said: “If any group of people can make this target a reality, it’s like-minded, determined musicians and creatives from Sunderland and the North East. It’s not going to be without hard work but we can make some memorable events in the process and this will be one.”

Nadedja, a Brazilian-born singer songwriter who is now based in the north east, said: “Faye is one of the most talented songwriters I’ve ever met and a truly beautiful person. It’s a real honour to be part of an event like this one, uniting so many people with the one goal of making her treatment and recovery possible! We’ve got you, Faye!”
And Tom A Smith, a 17-year-old Sunderland singer, added: “I was desperately sad to hear what Faye is going through and would love her to be in a position to pay for her treatment as quickly as possible. I’m really proud that so many people are looking to help and get involved in what will be a special, emotional evening.”
Faye holds a special place in our heart at The Fire Station. She was one of the shining lights in our opening night in December 2021 and we are devastated about her diagnosis. We are determined to stand beside Faye and help her keep the faith while she navigates this very challenging situation. We hope that you will join for this very special event to help raise these essential funds.
Click here to find out more about the Fight for Faye appeal.

Well that was superb, everyone on stage for Heroes and I’m not ashamed to say it brought a tear or two.
Sunderland is a fuckin class place to live.

Really great evening's entertainment, credit to all involved. I've always liked the way that Sunderland musicians seem to support each other, proper community feel to the scene there, with Field Music at the heart of it all.

Had only heard Tom A Smith at half-time at the match a few weeks ago and had no idea what a talented and confident lad he is.
Does anyone here know the name of the Paulo Nutini song Tom sang last night?

Last edited:
Really great evening's entertainment, credit to all involved. I've always liked the way that Sunderland musicians seem to support each other, proper community feel to the scene there, with Field Music at the heart of it all.

Had only heard Tom A Smith at half-time at the match a few weeks ago and had no idea what a talented and confident lad he is.
Does anyone here know the name of the Paulo Nutini song Tom sang last night?
Better Man

Back